• Trains on CSX St. Lawrence Sub (CR's Montreal Secondary)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by nickstowell

Q621 near watertown at this time with csx leader 621. Long train with lots of them small blue stack containers on the front half, about 40 or 50 cars of them. Also the k533 is in Pulaski at this time to head north.
  by tree68

Just posted on the Trains.com forum - there's a washout on the sub, apparently not too far out of Syracuse. Up to 48 hours before it can be back in service.
  by tree68

RSD15 wrote:Kinda odd that CSX thinks their Montreal line is "EAST" of Syracuse, west maybe,north certainly,east no.
Sheesh - I just kinda read "east" and assumed "west." The error never even registered.

I suppose that CP293(?) and points up as far as Woodard might be considered "west" of Syracuse.

Still haven't figured out exactly where the washout was.
  by lvrr325

CP 293 is west of Syracuse, but this line joins the main at CP291, next to Destiny USA. I suppose you could consider Montreal east of Syracuse even though it's more north than anything else.
  by tree68

Probably here: N 43.30113 W 76.13658

Satellite photos appear to show some riprap on the east side of the ROW. I'm guessing they've had some issues there before.
  by lvrr325

Something went north about 4:30 am. Too dark/too many leaves yet to tell if it was a Fulton local or something else.
  by tree68

There was a short train in the siding at Pulaski tonight - looked to be dump cars and hoppers. Probably the north end of the work train.
  by joha107

Q153 and Q620 tied down in Watertown, Q621 tied down in DeWitt, the train tied down in Pulaski is the part of the stone train that was involved in the derailment. Should be a busy day on the St. Lawrence tomorrow if they are able to get the track repaired and reopened.