• Train Schedule for B&P at Ashford Junction?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by SST

I've flown over the line many times over the years and have never been lucky to catch them. The times that I've driven 219, only 2 times that I've ever seen a train moving on it.

I remember one night, as I'm driving along 219 south of Ellicottville, I see this bright light. Thought it was either a light pole or a an oncoming car. Didn't even occur to me that I was looking at a train until we passed each other. It give me a good laugh that I actually caught a train on this line. That was several years ago.
  by thebigham

joshuahouse wrote:Just why does B&P choose to operate at night? Is it simply a matter of their schedule that they end up at the north end after dark or is it intentional?
The B&P is now on a day schedule between Buffalo and Salamanca.
  by SST

For all the years I've gone skiing at Holiday Valley, I've always looked at the line from the trails above. If it is on a day skd, maybe now I'll catch a train from above. Standing at the top of "The Wall" gives a great view of the line.
  by oibu

If anyone can post sightings and/or confirm the continued daylight ops/typical times Salamanca-Buffalo this week and next it will be appreciated! Also info on consists sighted will be appreciated.

Hey, to each their own re: power. In general I agree that I'm far more interested in scenery and locations than roster shots. That said, and not to insult anyone, but there's really not much scenically on the B&P that is truly unique or spectacular or that isn't similiar to any number of other lines in central and western NY and PA. don't get me wrong- it's got some nice scenery. But my reasons for spending time trying to get a train on the B&P would be to see -the B&P-... if it's just lease units, I can see more trains in teh same kinds of scenery (Tier, D&H, etc.etc.), or better power (WNYP, LA&L, NYS&W etc. etc.) in the same kind of scenery (and likewise, I potentially miss chances to see either of these two options while chasing units that are of about zero interest to me personally through scenery not remarkably different from most other lines in teh region; and HLCX blue SD40-2 vs. NS -9W? pretty much a toss-up, while HLCX SD40-2 vs. WNYP M636 or B&P SD45 is not even a question ;-) ) . We all have our different perspectives, and that's all well and good!
  by thebigham

The B&P has switched back to a night schedule for SIBF/BFSI.

SIBF just went north through Arcade Jct with 3 engines and 67 cars.