• Train Salvage Yard

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

by BIGHOSS18

Hey can anyone tell me if there is a Train/Railroad Salvage Yard in the DELMARVA/ Washington DC area? Thanks!
  by Arrestmespi

there was one in Baltimore that got closed down many years ago do to environmental issues IIRC it got closed in the 70s
  by RockGp40

Pretty sure there is one in Roanoke, VA. I have seen a scrap yard while traveling down 581 towards/from Martinsville on the east side. I know there is a spur into it. I have seen gons being loaded and old motive power getting torched inside their property. I am not sure how accessible it is for camera purposes.
  by hutton_switch

RockGp40 wrote:Pretty sure there is one in Roanoke, VA. I have seen a scrap yard while traveling down 581 towards/from Martinsville on the east side. I know there is a spur into it. I have seen gons being loaded and old motive power getting torched inside their property. I am not sure how accessible it is for camera purposes.
Are you sure you're not referring to "The Lost Engines of Roanoke"?