• Tracking "Pennsylvania" 269

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by KAWASAKI-FAN100

All of us here have read post reading that they saw 269 this place at this time. I need everyone's help. I want to find 269 to. Can anyone tell me where they last saw 269? What route what time what station within the last 3 days.

I have early dismissal tomorrow and I have a chance of getting it in the day light hours.

Last time I heard Someone saw it at 1:30 at Temple University station on the R3.
Last edited by KAWASAKI-FAN100 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  by BuddSilverliner269

hey Kawasaki, you owe me. It should be in west Trenton yard tonight and go out in the am as train 315 to the media line and spin as a norristown train 4628 and then norristown to powelton yard train 6627. After it gets to powelton yard your guess is as good as mine on what the next train it will b on but it will definately be a train going to the reading side.
  by KAWASAKI-FAN100

BuddSilverliner269 wrote: After it gets to powelton yard your guess is as good as mine on what the next train it will b on but it will definately be a train going to the reading side.
You know what time it will be on the reading side?
  by BuddSilverliner269

no because the yardmasters don't start assembling rush hour trains Til about 2 and it's then when they know what cars are in the yards. I gave you enough for at least the early part of the day at
  by scotty269

Train #4382 is your best bet for seeing car #269.. I've noticed a few patterns when it comes to consists.

For instance, the consist on #4007 is usually the same (give or take a car) as #368.
I spotted car #269 on #315 and 4382 twice last week, so yeah.

On train #345 last week...
http://fgmgaming.com/septa/269am1.JPG
http://fgmgaming.com/septa/269am2.JPG

and then on #4382 on the same day..
http://fgmgaming.com/septa/053.JPG
  by KAWASAKI-FAN100

I will have to do this another day. The 315 train comes past fern rock the time i leave for school and it is an express that skips there. For the 4382 run It is too late because my mom wants me home before dark. So I will try another day maybe the day after Thanksgiving.

Thank you all who helped.

When ever you see 269 post it in here :P
  by scotty269

KAWASAKI-FAN100 wrote:I will have to do this another day. The 315 train comes past fern rock the time i leave for school and it is an express that skips there. For the 4382 run It is too late because my mom wants me home before dark. So I will try another day maybe the day after Thanksgiving.

I'm at my station (Bethayres) a few minutes before 315 comes rolling in, but I have found it easier just to take 4007 (as it runs Express from there to Fern Rock). Anyways, yeah 315 is very early and 4382 is very late. You can always go to Market East and try to catch it going through. The odds are you'll catch it if you hang out long enough..
  by BuddSilverliner269

KAWASAKI-FAN100 wrote:I will have to do this another day. The 315 train comes past fern rock the time i leave for school and it is an express that skips there. For the 4382 run It is too late because my mom wants me home before dark. So I will try another day maybe the day after Thanksgiving.

Your welcome. Any time :-D
  by Jersey_Mike

I hope that 269 is on the top list of cars to be preserved once the Silverliner V's take over. Museum groups need to start bugging SEPTA about that sooner rather than later.
  by scotty269

Indeed, you'd think 269 would be taken by the Railroad Museum of PA, seeing as it still has it's original Pennsy letterboards. From what I can tell, the car is in rather good condition with all things taken into account.
  by early80sNECguy

269 was outbound mid-consist at Morton (R3) last night at 4:30pm. I see it at least once a week anymore.......
  by BuddSilverliner269

Jersey_Mike wrote:I hope that 269 is on the top list of cars to be preserved once the Silverliner V's take over. Museum groups need to start bugging SEPTA about that sooner rather than later.
Hi JM, 269 is in rather excellent shape for its age so I have no doubt that the RR M PA for take that car.I remember about 2 years ago during a winter snow storm, that a tractor trailer was stuck on the tracks at the Red Lion Road crossing as the gates started to coming down, the SB R3 was barreling down and didnt see the truck until the last minute and plowed into it, although by that point it was at a slower speed and the only thing that happened to the car was the step wells were ripped off and damage to the coupler. Im curious , was the 269 on train 315 this am?
  by chuchubob

BuddSilverliner269 wrote: Im curious , was the 269 on train 315 this am?
I went to 30th Street to catch it on train 4628 R6 to Norristown at 8:46. The sign said it was 8 minutes late. I was at the end of the platform, so couldn't hear the announcement about an R6 to Norristown, but the train didn't arrive and was no longer listed on the board, so I suspect it was annulled.
Oh well.

Bob
  by BuddSilverliner269

chuchubob wrote:
BuddSilverliner269 wrote: Im curious , was the 269 on train 315 this am?
I went to 30th Street to catch it on train 4628 R6 to Norristown at 8:46. The sign said it was 8 minutes late. I was at the end of the platform, so couldn't hear the announcement about an R6 to Norristown, but the train didn't arrive and was no longer listed on the board, so I suspect it was annulled.
Oh well.

Bob
Ohh geez, I hope the 269 didnt die and thats why the train was annuled :( . Im sure it has something to do with the Push pull set breaking down on the Media line and they had to send a diesel out to rescue it and screwed up service?
  by scotty269

Consist of 315 this morning was (from south to north)

9002 225 269 9004