Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by checkthedoorlight

Special yellow schedules were posted HERE for the week of June 12, when the U.S. Open is being held in Mamaroneck. This is one of the most surprising schedules I have ever seen, because not only is there non-stop service between Manhattan and Mamaroneck multiple times an hour, but there are also trains originating in New Haven who make their LAST stop at Mamaroneck, and evening trains which ORIGINATE in Mamaorneck to New Haven. And as if that wasn't enough, SLE trains that normally begin in Stamford will also originate in Mamaroneck, providing an EXTREMELY rare opportunity to see SLE equipment on the other side of the state line.

by 7 Train

In 2002, LIRR ran special service to Bethpage for the US Open as well.

by Otto Vondrak

Where in the schedule does it reflect that SLE trainsets will run to Mamaroneck?

edit: I stand corrected, I checked the schedule and train 1637 (SLE 1637) which normally terminates at Stamford will run to Mamaroneck. Hopefully it will rate a GP40 and not one of the P40's...

-otto-

by 7 Train

I was at GCT yesterday and didn't see any special US Open timetables.

by DutchRailnut

you need to ask for them at Info booth, they won't be put out till just about when event starts.

by benltrain

Wow, this is odd, and great. Saving the schedule to my docs as a souvenir!

by RedSoxSuck

Yestersay, there were a few of them out in the schedule holder at the South Norwalk ticket office. I can't comment on if there are any left...

by Otto Vondrak

Okay, so I spent all morning at Mamaroneck station with my friend waiting for SLE 1637 to show up. It was scheduled to arrive at 849a, and we still hadn't seen it by 930 when we finally gave up. What did I miss? Did they not run the SLE set beyond Stamford? IF so, why wasn't a transfer indicated in the timetable?

-otto-

by checkthedoorlight

The printed schedule and the MTA website contradict each other.

According to mta.info:

"Regular weekday service is in effect Monday, June 12 through Wednesday, June 14."

Try again on Thursday

by Otto Vondrak

"??!!"

"#@#$%%&*@@!!!"

-otto-

by andy

Actually, the PDFs on the website are accurate and match the website.

The top of the Monday-Friday schedule says that "Additional service to the U.S. Open on Thursday (6/15) and Friday (6/16) is highlighted in yellow." This differes from the Saturday-Sunday schedules, where yellow mean "Additional Service."

Personally, I think the way they presented it is absolutely horrible and I'm surprised they did that.

by Otto Vondrak

Just means I'm not paying attention!

by Terrapin Station

Otto Vondrak wrote:Just means I'm not paying attention!
Thanks for the effort though. I hope you score some good pics later this week.
  by MNRR PA OPERATOR

I dont know if you guys got this, but all those in Metro North got a bulletin order today saying due to heavy travel, some extra trains will stop at mamaroneck, as per the U.S. OPEN. I believe 1531, and 1535 do. In the evening i also know that 1544 and 1550 will do so as well. Any thoughts?

by Otto Vondrak

Thursday will be a washout. Maybe Friday will work out.

-otto-