• The UP Silver AC44

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by CSX-Dan5377

I have heard and seen pictures of this locomotive its a silver AC44
anyone got more details on why they did it? :wink:

by U-Haul

I looked and the silver locomotive was elusive.

by CSX-Dan5377

well I do have a pic laying around...I'll try and find it :wink:

by crazy_nip

what was the point of this? it looks pretty sloppy

by CN_Hogger

Looks gray to me... :P

by crazy_nip

UP is starting to look like CSX or BNSF with like 10 versions of their paint job and all these gaudy "heritage" units that for the most part are absolute disgraces

by Leo_Ames

Its a photoshop job, not real, or at least that's the story thats been communicated to me.

Looks real to me though. Could it be in primer with intentions to finish it after the fall traffic rush?

by CSX-Dan5377

its real no photochopping it may just be primer :wink:

by NS212

Looks like it could be primer. But most units don't have their railroad's logo already on them though while in primer paint. That's all done after the finishing coat. At least thats the way its done with NS and CSX. May be different for UP, I've seen plenty of UP units but not one in primer.

Kevin

by CN_Hogger

Primer isn't glossy. I wonder why they didn't paint the fuel tank and trucks?

by crazy_nip

its not primer, grey primer is not that dark, and is flat

this is obviously a gloss paint

by GOLDEN-ARM

The original poster asked about the loco, as if he had only heard of it. Then he had pics. Now that you have asked, and been answered, about this loco, I'm going to lock it down. If someone has something important to add, other than photos, they copied from another website, send me, or UPRR a PM, and we'll unlock it. Thanks. <<CLICK>>