• The other Alcos..............?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by GOLDEN-ARM

BlockLine_4111 wrote:Why was the M&E able to maintain their C430s well but NYSW gave up and IIRC got rid of their units quickly?
The majority of them, were "gotten rid of" after being involved in serious derailments, with locos being rolled over, and/or piled up, in the first year after opening up the line over Sparta Mountain. As stated, the M&E Alcos were not flogged to death (or wrecked beyond repair being needed to haul ever increasing tonnage, to NYS. you can't repair engines, properly, that are being used constantly. They were "high horsepower" locos, at a bargain price, and they did get the money spent on them, paid back in full, on both of the roads mentioned. The M&E had two trains a day we used to run. With four "big" Alcos sitting around Mo'town, there was ALWAYS time to repair any little thing that was found to be wrong. The Suzy didn't have that luxury, as even as more locos were arriving, the amount of traffic kept growing. There never was a period, while I was there, that we had the ability to "lose" a loco for the time needed, to really attend to every thing it needed. Bailing wire, and duct tape seems to come to mind................... :P You get the picture, really, I'm sure. :wink:

by CN9634

What the heck? Don't click on that. I mean look at the URL, Sketchy.

by scottychaos

the board has been having a minor spam problem lately..
im sure someone will delete it soon.

Scot

by charlie6017

It's gone................sorry guys.

by GOLDEN-ARM

Read the info, on the title page, here. It clearly states, "don't answer, or reply to spam". It is deleted, after the Webmaster, or the other gurus, have had a chance, to trace it, and block it. It's dealt with, as quickly as possible. If you click ANY links, it's always at your own risk. Regards :-D