• The Manchurian Candidate - First Acela Movie??

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

by LI Loco

The remake of "The Manchurian Candidate" features several scenes shot onboard an Acela express plus an Acela runby and scenes shot in Penn Station New York. I believe this film marks Acela's Hollywood debut, but I'm not certain.

The original Manchurian Candidate had scenes shot on a Pennsylvania RR parlor car plus a runby with a GG-1.
Last edited by LI Loco on Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by Gilbert B Norman

Most interesting, Mr. Loco--

I thought one of the TV ad "clips' for the movie appeared to have a nanosecond scene that looked a lot like an Acela interior. Thanks for confirming that.

Oh well, when "Candidate" gets to the movie channels, that's when i see it. Until I went to Farenheit 9/11 a month ago (because I was going to visit friends who likely wanted to discuss the movie) I hadn't been near a "cineplex' (or whatever they are called nowadays) since 1996.

It would appear that to go to a movie Saturday evening on its "premiere" weekend is an activity I can live nicely without.

Actually, I think "First Acela" movie goes to the short lived HBO YV series "K Street". I recall one episode in which Mr and Mrs James Carville (D Strategist) and Mary Matlin (R Strategist) boarded an Acela.

by Raakone

I'm not sure how long ago it came out, but "The Recruit" has scenes with Acelas at Washington Union. As an interesting sidenote, there's also a scene where he goes into a "basement" that's full of VIA RDCs.

~Ra'akone