• The Crash At Crush

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

by BR&P

I enjoy prowling the web in search of little-known or local country bands - you get tired of the "top 40" approach of a lot of radio stations. I happened to see a song title "The Crash At Crush" which just HAD to be about the staged head-on on the Katy. Sure enough, the songwriter is somewhat of an educator, presenting Texas history in song to school kids, etc.

His web site is http://www.brianburnsmusic.com/lsh_songs.htm and when you find that song, there is a minute-and-a-half MP3, not the whole song but a good sample. He sounds somewhat like Gordon Lightfoot, and while I won't buy the CD just for that one song, it's still interesting to hear someone take a lesser-known railroad event and make a song of it. If you're a Katy fan or a music fan, it's worth a couple clicks to check it out.

by Marty Feldner

He was beaten to it, by more than a century, by Scott Joplin; one of his earliest ragtime compositions was "The Great Crush Collision", written the same year the stunt was staged (1869). It was (and probably still is) onlne.