• Tennessee Pass

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by slchub

Any truth to the rumors about Uncle Pete opening the Tennesee Pass? A couple of the guys are talking about it, however, as big as the trains are now adays, and our lack of power, can this be done? Were lucky if we get 1.5 on the hill west of Montello. I wonder how we would fare on the Tenn. Pass if they opened it?
  by AmtrakFan

slchub wrote:Any truth to the rumors about Uncle Pete opening the Tennesee Pass? A couple of the guys are talking about it, however, as big as the trains are now adays, and our lack of power, can this be done? Were lucky if we get 1.5 on the hill west of Montello. I wonder how we would fare on the Tenn. Pass if they opened it?
Haven't Heard anything but they could free up space on the Transcontinental Line thru WY I would love to see it reopen also Why didn't MRL buy it their was talk about it?

AmtrakFan
  by crazy_nip

slchub wrote:Any truth to the rumors about Uncle Pete opening the Tennesee Pass?
I love how this stupid rumor keeps coming up every year...

tennesee pass will never see through service again...