• STRIKE: FORCE MAJEURE

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Gilbert B Norman

Mr. CSRR, so far as I know Amtrak plans to serve Springfield. The Train Dispatchers have settled, so the access to the B&A and the station should be unaffected. In short why the CDOT trains you note got the CX.

I checked the website, #147(17) - The Bankers in "New Havenese" :-D - is operating (at this time).
  by eolesen

John_Perkowski wrote:I did not say I blame labor. I said gas is up 30 cents a gallon.
It's switchover time for the refineries. The summer blends get replaced with winter blends, and supply always tightens up for a week or two....

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

by John_Perkowski

0550 CDT
NY Times reports a tentative deal was achieved in the night.

Now the unions have to ratify. If the work rule matters happened, that’ll be easy.
  by STrRedWolf

NBC News Today Show reports Amtrak is working to restore service and gets passengers on first available trains. Just heard it on the TV.

EDIT to add: Amtrak announcement is short and basically says the above.
Last edited by STrRedWolf on Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by lordsigma12345

CSRR573 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:40 pm Valley flyer Trains 494 and 478 are cancelled right now
They were truncated to Springfield not canceled outright (due to the need to cross the B&A to reach Greenfield.)
  by Gilbert B Norman

May we also ensure this topic relates only to Amtrak affairs and that matters relating to the industry as a whole be posted to the topic at Class I Discussion?