• Stone trains 2014

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by DogBert

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee & W came into town last night around 12:30am with a stone train. Sounded like GEs up front.

There was a train last Friday /Saturday too.
  by DogBert

Left 11am. 4 GEs up front, maybe 70 or so cars, some LIRR, 3 P&W gons.
  by rscott417

I'm at work maybe ill see it pass by, would go through the Bronx along tremont ave?
  by DogBert

rscott417 wrote:I'm at work maybe ill see it pass by, would go through the Bronx along tremont ave?

If that's along the NEC / New Haven line, then yes. I'm terrible with street names in the bronx.
  by rscott417

I only worked until 3 pm and I didnt see anything in that time frame. I do see P&W stone trains on friday evenings when theyre in full tilt just wasnt sure if that particular train was going that way, I dont know much about P&W but I work in the steam plant at 2000 east tremont ave so if thats the route it takes I can get good video from the roof if i know theyre coming. Sometimes out of nowhere theyre will be a loud deep rumble and you pause and look around assuming its the equipment then you realize ohh its just the train across the street lol
  by AlKaLI

Going to put this in here since it sort of deals with Stone trains.
Drove by Posillico Materials in Farmingdale, NY this past Saturday morning. Looks like the asphalt plant will open again soon as their sidings were full of loaded GATX and Tilcon cars loaded with aggregate. Thid may have been the first delivery since the winter ended, not sure. A rough guess would be about 3 GATX and 11 Tilcon cars. Looks like the Trackmobile will be busy moving the loads soon.