• Steam Loco's for lease

• Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads
Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads

Moderators: Typewriters, slide rules

by TRR12

I am looking for info on steam loco's that may be available for lease. This is a long term type thing. Need contact persons and/or organizations. Needs to be not larger than a Mike.
Thanks
Dick Renker

by route_rock

Wow thats a tough one.Not sure who you can check with because I have never heard of an arrangement like this before. I do believe that the SOO 4-6-2 is on lease to MRL but it was sent there cause it lost its home in Wis.My guess would be to try and contact some museums that do steam.Maybe they would know of someone that could help you out. Try Union in Illinois and Mid Continent in Wis. Good luck in your search and keep us posted.
  by TRR12

route_rock,
Thanks for support. Am currently waiting for info from freind of mine who has some contacts.
This is for a non-profit museum that is currently operating excursions with deasels and they are looking for an additional draw. currently pulling five stainless steel coaches, fairly flat route and fairly straight. enough hills to make it work but not kill it.
I'll keep you suggestions in mind. Thanks

Dick :-D :-D
  by Juniatha

Hi, TRR 12
Could you specify: for what service, (demanded t.e., loading gauge, curvature, axle load, speed).
What would be the conditions?
I might know some engines but they would be German Standard types from DR. Technical service could be supplied to conform to ASME code and specific service for the engines, too.
You may drop me an e-mail.
Juniatha
Last edited by Juniatha on Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.

by steemtrayn

You won't have to go far to find a steamer, just look here:
http://railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20466

by pennsy

Hi,

Nice to see another female member of this forum. Rather rare breed, so welcome and enjoy. I believe we watch our P's and Q's rather closely so all should be well.

Try a color photo next, however a logical conclusion after studying that photo is, have you considered going into modeling ??? You seem to be quite photogenic. By the way, I have a background in photography so you might just consider the recommendation professional advice.