Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by runningwithscalpels

I was lurking around Thursday, that doesn't look like 127 to me:
  by FL9AC

fl9m2004 wrote:That's the train engine I heard around 3
It was heading south
127 preformed really well yesterday when I took train 1916 up and 1973 back met 1934 at Stratford station
Again how do you know it performed "really well"? You have speed charts and knowledge of normal operation of the units to see if they are making track speed and such? Again this is a status forum a simple "I saw the 127 on the Waterbury" is sufficient.

@runningwithscalpels you are correct so much for the "performing really well" lol. The 130 is on the Waterbury now as the 127 is sidelined for lateral motion.
  by Train2009

As per Greg Grice the other night Friday 4/25 before 10 PM train #5794 went south from Harmon with 2 lite engines #128 and #114
  by FL9AC

And last night caught the 114 and 113 towing a three car mini to Harmon NB at Yankees-E153rd around 11 PM.
  by fl9m2004

Saw CDOT 125 still on Danbury shuttle
He went down around quarter to 7 then returned north on 1876
  by gregorygrice

114 & 115 just did a round trip from Croton Harmon to POU with the Geo train. They are now heading down the Hudson Line from Harmon to go to the New Haven Line.
  by runningwithscalpels

127 was back on the Waterbury yesterday afternoon.

I hear maintenance base for WB is being switched from New Haven to Stamford...has that happened yet?
  by DutchRailnut

at change of time, about may 10th I believe.
  by runningwithscalpels

It shall be interesting to see if it makes a difference!
  by FL9AC

Doubtful...if anything it will make things worse. Stamford doesn't know diesel equipment any more than New Haven does...it's not where sets are based out of....maybe it's time to train mechanical properly.

Now lets get back to BL20GH status ;)
  by DutchRailnut

hmm maybe consultant job for me ;-) train both MofE and T&E ;-)
  by runningwithscalpels

112 was on Waterbury this afternoon, as seen from 1973

There, back on topic ;)
  by Train2009

#111 left Harmon this morning with the GP35R #104 leading it south.
  by gregorygrice

MNCR GEO Train clear CP35 headed north to POU.
+BL20GH (115)
-2 Ex-Phoebe Snow
+BL20GH (#114)
  by FL9AC

Stamford yard crew currently on the move to Danbury with the 126 to grab 1819's equipment that had mechanical ailments this morning (230+7). Also 113 sitting in front of the Stamford shop complex.