Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by trainguy2024

125 was facing north this afternoon (4:30) on the Waterbury and Amtrak 838 was facing south on the same consist. ?????????? 125 was hooked up to a cab car. Anyone know if they had cab car problems? Both engines were running.
  by MAPPER

125 was the rescue unit on standby in NH this morning, but I noticed it was gone in the mid afternoon. Sounds like it might have made it's second rescue, butI'll have to check the morning reports to confirm.
  by MAPPER

Strangely enough, no mention of this at all in either the delay reports or in the Chief's log, but 125 was back in NH on standby today. Maybe I'll be able to find something elsewhere.
  by FL9AC

Caught the 127 at Towners this afternoon on train 939 (I believe). Looks like it was pulling quite well, and I'm glad to see the unit running successfully for such a long period of time. Took some pretty good video too, but not sure as of yet how to upload it and edit.
  by FL9AC

I think my last comment jinxed the 127 lol...they had problems with the train southbound and the 127 is now shopped. Look for the two FL-9M's to take it's place.
  by trainguy2024

125 was in New Haven hooked up to 3 cars and also another Brookville unit was parked next to MNR 102 and a P40. Did not get the number on the Brookville unit. One good thing about the new paint job is that you can spot them from a distance in the yards.
  by DutchRailnut

Other unit is 126 its in New Haven for instruction ???? nobody got that at other mechanical points.
The P40 is probably 838 to be towed to Stamford to replace the F10 rust buckets.
  by Railroader

The 125 has been running on the Waterbury for the past few days, the 126 came down to CP-500 were they changed ends. The cab looked pack with orange vests.
  by Railroader

Today it was on the south end. The 125 seems to be holding up it ran all week.
  by DutchRailnut

128 had replaced the 2027 on Wassaic shuttle as of this morning.
  by Erie-Lackawanna

128 died a horrible death on 968 at Dover Plains this afternoon, and was towed back to Put Jct. by the 2011. ;-)

Jim
  by Clean Cab

Hopefully they're just going through growing pains and will do better once all the bugs have been worked out.