Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Brakeman1

127 Headed To Harmon Yesterday 6-28-08
  by DutchRailnut

From the Brookvile site:

Brookville has completed 6 locomotives with the New Haven paint scheme and two in the familiar Metro-North Railroad paint detail. These large 132-ton locomotives are continuing to produce stellar results for MNR. The units are rolling out of the BEC facility in regular fashion, with two units scheduled to depart this week.

http://www.brookvilleequipment.com/foru ... .php?t=130
Last edited by DutchRailnut on Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by Clean Cab

"Stellar results"? To be fair I'd say the jury is still out on that claim. As of yesterday, not a single BLO-20 was operating anywhere on MN. Problems have sidelined all of them for various reasons, most notibly the wiring on the HEP units. Hopefully all problems with the BLO-20 will be resolved soon. One must expect a few problems with a new engine.
  by jlr3266

Is it safe to say that the problems to date have all been easily fixed?
  by Otto Vondrak

jlr3266 wrote:Is it safe to say that the problems to date have all been easily fixed?
I dunno, how many BL20's are currently pulling assignments?

-=otto-
  by trainguy2024

What are the road numbers assigned to the NH diesels 125-130 and Metro North 110- ?
  by ATK

Otto Vondrak wrote:I dunno, how many BL20's are currently pulling assignments?
As of 2:00PM today -- none.

Doesn't exactly sound like "stellar results" if you ask me.
  by Clean Cab

The 125 will be on the Waterbury Branch all day tomorrow starting with train #1906. Keep your fingers crossed.
  by njtmnrrbuff

If I go up to Waterbury tomorrow, I plan to ride 1916 and 1963, and hope to get 125. How was 125 doing today in terms of reliability. i.e. any failures? What will be the power on the Danbury tomorrow? thank you.
  by Clean Cab

The 125 ran all day without problems. It is scheduled to be in service until further notice. The engine is on the south end of the trains, as information.
  by FL9AC

NJT/MNRRBUFF...both danbury mini's have P40's on them...840 and 841.
  by trainguy2024

125 on the Waterbury this morning facing south. :-D
  by njtmnrrbuff

I indeed went up to Waterbury today, on the 10:32, and I had 125. It performed well, with no failures. The acceleration was quite good too.