• stations that could use Renovations

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by ChrisU

I think the following stations should be Renovated:
Red Bank
South Amboy
Murray Hill
Kingsland
Hacketstown notes: Give a Station building.
Bloomfield
Bay Head notes:Give a station building.
Long Branch
Last edited by ChrisU on Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
  by radioboy

Why waste money on a station building at Bay Head? There's nowhere near high enough use to justify it.
  by jersey_emt

South Amboy is in the middle of a major reconstruction.
  by Kaback9

South Amboy is being redone right now. If you mean the old Station house, I don't know what they plan on doing with that.

Long Branch Is fine for what it is.

Red Bank just the Satation House needs work but the rest is fine they just redid the entire station.

Bay Head for what it is its fine, theres no reason to give it anything since its really just there for the summer and even then it does not get that much use.

The other stations I really can't comment on since I don't ride up that way that often.
  by ChrisU

The station building at south amboy.
  by blockline4180

Chatham
  by Jishnu

I know how one might go about renovating a station. I am wondering what is involved in rentovating a station. :P
  by Kaback9

Jishnu wrote:I know how one might go about renovating a station. I am wondering what is involved in rentovating a station. :P
hehe just let it go.
  by R36 Combine Coach

Bloomfield is more or less in its original 1912 condition and some parts crumbling. Faded glory.

Bay Head: Get a TVM and it'll be fine.
  by transit383

What's a rentovation?

Spell check, man.
  by Matt Johnson

I know what Hazlet could use - some freaking ticket vending machines on the southbound platform! There are only two on the northbound side, and none on the southbound side, which is kind of annoying if you're traveling to points south! I'm sure it's the same at other stations too...
  by geoffand

R36 Combine Coach wrote:Bloomfield is more or less in its original 1912 condition and some parts crumbling. Faded glory.

Bay Head: Get a TVM and it'll be fine.
The inbound interior was refently returbished.
  by Chessie GM50

Bound brook could use some "nicening up," and same with Somerville, but beyond that, I've never been to any stations that REALLY needed a remodel. There is a certain stations men's room that could use a Nuclear Bomb...But :-D :-) :wink: .
  by Woodcrest295

Boonton needs alot of work... its a dump. so does Lake Hopatcong (very faded glory), anything in Hackensack, Elizabeth, and Hoboken need high level platforms some how.
  by transit383

Woodcrest295 wrote:Boonton needs alot of work... its a dump. so does Lake Hopatcong (very faded glory), anything in Hackensack, Elizabeth, and Hoboken need high level platforms some how.
Oh now what's so wrong with the brick shack at Boonton? I love the sign posted on the side, above the spigot, that says "DANGER! WATER IS NOT SAFE TO DRINK".

The old station structure there could use some work... does NJT even own it?