• Starlight meets truck

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by FatNoah

I'm glad everyone was OK. I guess that's a +1 for FRA requirements.

I'm very curious for the results of the investigation into this. My armchair investigation based on the video and street view makes it look like the truck was on side of the ROW and trying to get into the road, but was blocked by a barricades, so the driver tried to drive on the tracks and then got stuck.

In the video you can see the truck angled on to the track and can barely make out the barricades visible in the street view.

Street view: https://www.google.com/maps/@37.774697, ... 384!8i8192
  by west point

Stupid question s: How why what was the truck doing in that position in the 1st place ? If it was a contractor why didn't UP(?) make it so the truck could get in and out ?
  by STrRedWolf

west point wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:28 am Stupid question s: How why what was the truck doing in that position in the 1st place ? If it was a contractor why didn't UP(?) make it so the truck could get in and out ?
It was a garbage truck. How it got stuck is a mystery. Going to need the NTSB on this one...
  by kitchin

Fools need fences. He was trying to make a 45 degree angle onto the crossing from the lot, with a full load. Probably debris not garbage?