• Star Trek Defect Detectors

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

by thaddeusthudpucker

I just read on Wikipedia that Majel Barrett (computer voice from Star Trek, as well as a ton of other roles) has lent her voice to some of the UP's defect detectors. Is this true? Anybody have any recordings? Are there any other Trekkie/Railroad crossovers like me out there?

by Burner

I could believe that...

they do sound similar

by pennsy

Hi,

Majel is a legend in the industry. She is the widow of Gene Roddenberry, the founder, author, etc. of Star Trek and a decorated WWII bomber pilot.

by paddy78

Wow...never made the connection before, but it all comes together now. Sounds like something that Uncle Pete would be crazy enough to fork over a bundle for...

by Stephen B. Carey

I am both a trekkie and a railfan, and I would also love to hear something like this. Though I do not always believe everything I read on wikipedia. I really hope its true. :wink:
  by Death Star

thaddeusthudpucker wrote:I just read on Wikipedia that Majel Barrett (computer voice from Star Trek, as well as a ton of other roles) has lent her voice to some of the UP's defect detectors. Is this true? Anybody have any recordings? Are there any other Trekkie/Railroad crossovers like me out there?
what do you mean? are those switches or what?
  by jgallaway81

I haven't heard this rumor, but it certainly would be neat to find out.