• Stanley Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by mike

I went out at lunch to see if anything was moving on CSX and NS today, and heard a train talk about the "Stanley Secondary." Doing a bit of research, read "looking for engine 88??" me and the guy I was with determined it must be the old C&O that NS uses to store coal and autoracks. Is this the case? Just curious...

Also, what is the remains of the yard directly north of Stanley tower? NS has two strings of spine cars stored here, and I kind of thought this was the Stanley Secondary.

Thanks for any information.

by CSXT 700

As an update, NS has in the past few years, has taken all the tracks out of "E" yard (the yard north of the tower), so that all but two or three tracks are left. The diamond that connected Stanley yard, to E yard, that ran north/south past the tower, was late last year, or early this year, cant rember. Stanley Tower its self is slated to close sometime next year. About half the track work, and all of the new signal bases, have been put in, but not much more than that right now.