• St. Lawrence & Atlantic Railroad (SLR/SLQ)

• For discussion of the various Class II and III Lines of the Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Railroad Holding Co. short-lines which do not have their own forums as noted:

Their website is here: GWRR.com
    A list of their holdings is here: Wikipedia List
For discussion of the various Class II and III Lines of the Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Railroad Holding Co. short-lines which do not have their own forums as noted:

Their website is here: GWRR.com
A list of their holdings is here: Wikipedia List
  by Cosmo

CN9634 wrote:Service by CN is now ended, but if you're in the area take a swing by the SLR tomorrow for what could be a surprise.
Oh man, talk about a TEASE! :P
All I can say is: Someone BETTER get down there so they can tell us what it is!!
  by Mikejf

Had a few minutes this morning on the way to an appointment, but had forgotten all about the delivery...
  by CN9634

Cosmo wrote:
CN9634 wrote:Service by CN is now ended, but if you're in the area take a swing by the SLR tomorrow for what could be a surprise.
Oh man, talk about a TEASE! :P
All I can say is: Someone BETTER get down there so they can tell us what it is!!
A 5-pack spine set of empty EMP containers from PAR via Ayer was interchanged with the SLR last night/early this AM and offloaded at Auburn Intermodal today.
  by gokeefe

Very interesting.......

Even more so considering BNSF and CSX don't participate in EMP.

Also interesting to note that this program was previously marketed as operating via CN trackage rights to Auburn.

Sounds as if SLR is still hungry for businss.
  by Fritz

CN9634,
Any idea what the empty EMP containers are for? I hope the SLR is able to develop new intermodal business as well as other traffic.
Best,
Fritz
  by scb1021

They just fixed up the Johnson Rd. crossing in Falmouth over the last two days. Glad they did - driving over that crossing was slowly killing my car! Speaking of that line, what was the outcome of the battle between SLR and B&M? Does anyone know if the shipments are going to stop on this line?
  by hh660

Poland Spring Water, that's interesting. One of the reported imports from Iceland via Emskip is glacier water. maybe they're going to do a taste test...
S
  by CN9634

hh660 wrote:Poland Spring Water, that's interesting. One of the reported imports from Iceland via Emskip is glacier water. maybe they're going to do a taste test...
S
Not sure where you go the Eimskip connection out of this...

Yes Poland Spring water. If PS is happy with the service, you may see MUCH more.

B&M (Beans not the defunct RR) and the SLR have come to terms on a subsidy for the line. I inquired about operating the line with the MaineDOT but they said it was a done deal and would let me know if that changed.
  by 690

Caught a late 394 outside of South Paris Saturday morning at around 7 am, relatively short train (didn't get an exact count, but around 40 cars or so). Caught up to them at Mechanic Falls by the old station:

Then continued east (the road from Mechanic Falls to Poland was in pretty bad shape, barely plowed at all), and caught them in Poland:

by eustis22

Beautiful pics.

I date someone who lives in Greenwood so we catch the trains at the Locke's Mills Crossing. Sadly I was still asleep at 7 AM Saturday :D
  by hh660

cn9624, you're right, I looked at EMS and translated it to EMSKIP. Even my spelling was off...Eimskip. Sigh.
s