• ST 614 (SD35)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by v-jlinc

Trying to find out, I know that SD35 614 was an ex-CSX, ex-WM unit, but I have only ever seen photos of the unit in Guilford paint. What colors did 614 come in when it arrived on GTI? Does anyone know or have a picture? Thanks.

by mick

WM 7434 at Oneonta before painting. I think it was painted ST colors right when it got on the property, that's why there are no photos of it running on Guilford still in Chessie colors.
http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/wm/wm7434agd.jpg
  by v-jlinc

Thanks for the reply. It just seemed odd that Guilford would paint the unit so quickly, considering that all of the SD26's stayed in Santa Fe paint for quite a while. Also a little more irritating because it means I am going to have to custom paint the SD35 I have, ah well.
  by Brian4449

I heard a rumor that guilford purchased another SD35 from CSX and was gonna be ST 613 but became a part source for 614.
  by EDFLD Bill

Brian4449 wrote:I heard a rumor that guilford purchased another SD35 from CSX and was gonna be ST 613 but became a part source for 614.
That is not true. Of the 2 SD26's that were involved in the wreck, one was quickly repaired and placed in service..
  by Brian4449

EDFLD Bill wrote:
Brian4449 wrote:I heard a rumor that guilford purchased another SD35 from CSX and was gonna be ST 613 but became a part source for 614.
That is not true. Of the 2 SD26's that were involved in the wreck, one was quickly repaired and placed in service..
Thank you