• Spur tracks around North Market, Columbus, OH

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by cp101

I was down at the North Market in Columbus, OH and noticed old spur tracks going down some of the old brick streets. I'm curious if anyone knows if these spurs are off any of the many railroads that served Columbus or are they spur tracks meant for freight from the interurban lines?
  by Redside20

I might be wrong but they could be from either the Old New York Central Big Four or Pennsy panhandle line that both passed nearby
  by SlowFreight

IIRC, it should be off the Panhandle or B&O connection down there, but I'm pretty sure Panhandle. Whatever's there hasn't been used in at least 15 years from what I saw.