• Southern Tier - East of Binghamton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by charlie6017

I also wanted to pipe in to say thanks, Chief.......don't let people's nasty words get to you as
they aren't worth your aggravation. Many here appreciate your posts on here, including myself.

FWIW, K4Pacific hasn't been here since April 17th.........I guess he's chased off, unfortunately.

Charlie
  by Marty Feldner

Welcome to the club, Steve. I've been on the older NYSW Yahoo list since it was hosted by Broadcast.net (late nineties), and on Tim's Yahoo list since he started it as an alternative to the sniping on the older list. While never contributing much on either, I haven't posted at all for about eight years- the drivel, foaming, and snarky posts (and an off-list run in with a member or two) were too much. I'm too old to be bothered with the 'sandbox' mentality.
  by blockline4180

Marty Feldner wrote:Welcome to the club, Steve. I've been on the older NYSW Yahoo list since it was hosted by Broadcast.net (late nineties), and on Tim's Yahoo list since he started it as an alternative to the sniping on the older list. While never contributing much on either, I haven't posted at all for about eight years- the drivel, foaming, and snarky posts (and an off-list run in with a member or two) were too much. I'm too old to be bothered with the 'sandbox' mentality.
Amen, Marty!! I actually dropped one of the yahoo groups, but I recently signed back up... Big Mistake on my part!!

And to Chief, keep up the good work.... And as others have said, don't let the driveling idiots get you down!!
  by Steve F45

Chief, I sent ya an email thru the yahoo groups thanking you for what you can post.
  by cjvrr

Chief,

I did the same. Seems that most those posting regularly on the Yahoo group now are kids! Many of the folks with historical or business related information have gone away.

Chris
  by chief

Thanks guys and girls for the kind words. Back to the Rails
FRA train went by Shohola at 13:45 and Pond Eddy at 14:00 give or take a couple of minutes with Engine 3108. I would post photos but don"t no how.
Steve a k a Chief
  by charlie6017

Steve,
IMO, the easiest way is to upload photos to a hosting site such as "photobucket", and
then post the link to that. There are other ways on here, but they do not seem as easy.

Charlie
  by L&HR C&S

To upload the photos you have to scroll down to the bottom of the screen where you compose your emails on Railroad.net and click on the upload attachment tab. You can then browse for the photo on your comuter's drive, and then click add the file. You will not see the photo in the email untill you click the preview button. After that, click the submit button just like you where repling or composing a post. Hope this helps.
B
  by northjerseybuff

Any updates on work? Almost July now....
  by SecaucusJunction

We're actually not even halfway through June yet, but it looks like all that has been done so far is some stone work along the tracks. I think they almost made it the whole way down to Sparrowbush by now. As for ties, rails, etc... those things seem non-existent at this point. Maybe NS ran the PRR heritage unit over the line to try to make us forget about the fact that they still aren't running any trains over it.....
  by northjerseybuff

Agreed SJ. I am disappointed beyond belief. No major rehab as of 6/12/12 and no signs of one east of BD yet. Oh well.
  by L&HR C&S

>No major rehab as of 6/12/12 and no signs of one east of BD yet.
Ties are marked BH east through Callicoon, stone is dumped in areas where tie work is not needed, surfacing machines arriving today in Lanesboro.
Remember, evreyone thinks this work must be done before any trains can be added but that is not the case. The tier is not in bad shape, and can handle the trains when NS chooses to run them. It will need massaging into next year to get it to 40, IMO. It wont be done all at one shot.
  by Autoblock

And there was heavy tie replacement last fall west of Callicoon at least as far as Long Eddy maybe even up further twoards Lordville. They had a huge pile of junk ties in Hankins that were all loaded on trucks and removed. That part of the line also had new ballast and was surfaced. Work was also done east of Callicoon, on Thanksgiving the equipment was just outside of Narrowsburg. They seem to be doing the line in different sections at a time. Alot of work has already been done that most don't realize. Seems like alot to me for six trains a week!! I know, the lease agreement! lol! As L&HR C&S stated its not all gonna happen overnite.
  by SecaucusJunction

There has been heavy tie work and surfacing for the past 2-3 fall seasons. I believe the work got heavier the further east you go, so maybe this would be completing the western end to bring it up to those same standards. Interesting that they shifted the work earlier in the season this year....... I would guess that the next few years will probably bring CWR, siding work and power switches.