• SLE GP40 to be rerailed in Branford, CT

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by lumpum

If anyone is interested.. CDOT GP-40 6699 which has been stuck in Branford, CT for over a week with a severe burned out bearing will be getting a lift from a huge crane and it's truck changed out on Thursday April 13. The crew will place a temporary truck under the locomotive and limp the unit back to New Haven. The engine is now in the Atlantic Wire siding off of track 1. This procedure can be easily viewed from Montowese street. This should be interesting to watch!

by lumpum

The 6699 was moved back to NHV last night eith the help of 2 Amtrak work engines. I guess you can lock this thread and delete it!

by Otto Vondrak

No reason to lock or delete. I bet this sort of info would also be welcome in the Metro-North forum.

-otto-

by lumpum

I have no idea why the topic was changed to "re-railed" in Branford! There was no de-railing of anything. I guess the Editors of this forum to see fit that they change the REAL story to something that is false to gain views. Please explain Mr. moderator! why would you do that? Did you NOT read the original post? and WHY would I post the message in the Metro-North forum? IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH METRO-NORTH! Amtrak owns the reight of way and it's employees run the trains. The state owns the equipment! Get your stuff straight next time you change a post!