• Silverliner IV cloth seats and MFL M4 original interior

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by PARailWiz

jackintosh11 wrote:Wow. I've seen the SLIV seats before, but never the M4 seats. They look weird in the M4.
The pictures do not adequately convey what a mess those seats usually were, especially the M4 seats. My habit of always standing on the El originates with them frequently being badly stained or "deflated".
  by jackintosh11

I think that the little septa logos on the SLIV seats are great. I remember when I was a little kid and saw them it was really cool. I would love to see those on the current vinyl seats. As for the M4, it reminds me of a intercity bus seat, and is pretty ugly. I think that the cloth seats would be better for regional rail if they didn't have the issues that they have, because on those people will be seated for longer, and it's more comfortable.
  by ekt8750

jackintosh11 wrote:When were the cloth seats installed on the silverliners, and when were they removed?
I wanna say mid 90s. They came when they replaced the interiors.
  by SubwayTim

ekt8750 wrote:
jackintosh11 wrote:When were the cloth seats installed on the silverliners, and when were they removed?
I wanna say mid 90s. They came when they replaced the interiors.
I think more like late 1990's/early 2000's (1998-2001). It was around the same time they added the red/blue window stripes on all of the Silverliners.