• Sheds Corners on old EC&N

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

by nydepot

On old EC&N. What creek did "bridge E94" cross in Sheds Corners. I see several creeks in the area and Google Maps puts the railroad close to several creeks. This bridge was still in place in 1982.

Thanks

Charles
  by Cactus Jack

I believe it is the Middle Branch of the Tioughnioga River

Bridge is still there in April, 2010
  by lvrr325

I followed the line using Terraserver Birds-Eye and Google Sattelite a while back. For whatever reason from both directions out of Cortland is only available on Google.

Anyhow, other than one spot below Cazenovia and a couple places where it crossed farm fields it's pretty well intact, bridges, etc. From Canastota to Cazenovia it's hikable, below that is sold to private owners from the looks of it. There might be one bridge out between DeRuyter and Cortland.