• Septa sprinter out of shop.

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by DutchRailnut

the 4 units are about ha1/3 of way , they cleared donner yesterday.
https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/ ... ?1,4429567" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

salt lake city at 10 am today.
Last edited by DutchRailnut on Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by NorthPennLimited

Seen here passing Springfield, USA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by train2

For someone that only occasionally follows SEPTA: how many did they order? And how many electrics do they have currently? Is it a one for one replacement or did they get a few more new engines?

I don't hate this paint scheme. I still think it would look better on Amtrak then the scheme they got.
  by Backshophoss

IS NS or CSX making the delivery to SEPTA?
  by nova08

FWIW, it's just 1 unit. The other 3 are MARC.
  by liftedjeep

train2 wrote:For someone that only occasionally follows SEPTA: how many did they order? And how many electrics do they have currently? Is it a one for one replacement or did they get a few more new engines?

I don't hate this paint scheme. I still think it would look better on Amtrak then the scheme they got.
If I remember correctly, Septa has an order placed of 13 City Sprinters. Only one is currently being delivered, my guess is for testing.

Septa currently has seven AEM-7s (2301-2307), and one ALP-44 (2308) on its roster.

The City Sprinters are planned to replace all of Septa's AEM-7s & ALP-44.
Ben
Last edited by liftedjeep on Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by silverliner266

Backshophoss wrote:IS NS or CSX making the delivery to SEPTA?
Ultimately CSX, SETPA will eventually go out to Woodbourne to pick it up.
  by glennk419

MACTRAXX wrote:
roadmaster wrote:Looks like a model railroders first attempt at painting an undecorated shell. It’s a shame, the artist’s rendition is sharp.
Everyone:

I agree-the new SEPTA Sprinter color scheme is quite disappointing...The earlier rendering that
Roadmaster posted looks so much better...I agree with Glenn and think that the oversized word
SEPTA on the side is not necessary - I feel the same way about the Silverliner 5 cars along with
their side striping...I also agree with the thought posted by Nasadowsk and R3 in which students
of art could have come up with a more interesting design...MACTRAXX
Tyco's rendition of the Silver Streak was better.

Nonetheless, glad that the Class unit is on it's way East.
  by mcgrath618

Any update on this one? I'd expect it to be past the Mississippi by now...
  by Backshophoss

Pray the SEPTA and MARC units don't get sucked into the "Black Hole" of Selkirk yard,and wind up elsewhere! :wink:
  by chuchubob

The Chargers and Sprinter were reported yesterday to be on CSXT W991, an extra from East Saint Louis (IL) to Baltimore.
  by DutchRailnut

CSXT W991-07 (Special move from East Saint Louis, IL to Baltimore, Maryland) per a source. Train was CSXT # 340 followed by the Septa ACS-64 SIIX # 901 and three brand new MARC Chargers SIIX # 82, 81, & 80. The W991 symbol is for general special movements.
  by chuchubob

CSXT W991 was reported eastbound in Warwick, Ohio, (east of Columbus), on Friday.
  by DutchRailnut

Reportedly through Crestline, OH by mid morning today.