• SEPTA's poor performance in today's snowstorm

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by NorthPennLimited

not much.

Don't expect open stations any time soon past AM ticket office hours.

Snow and winter are cold. Wear an extra layer of clothes before you wait on the platform for a ride to work.
  by South Jersey Budd

Clearfield wrote:
South Jersey Budd wrote:But that's ok, it will be the ground level employees fault again if there are train cancellations and poor on time performance.
Only if they stage another unofficial job action...
The day preceding and following the "unofficial job action" OTP was 50%, so if a reduction to 25% is a job action, that was a weak effort. And funny there was no break down of what caused the train delays for that day. On a normal delay report, it has a percentage and number of each such as equipment, signals, AMTRAK, weather, crews etc.

And I can't wait to see today's numbers! Wish we could see passenger counts too that justify the full weekday service. At Suburban Station I saw a 7 car push pull train with 2 cars open and maybe 10 passengers and other trains pull in with more cars than passengers.
  by 25Hz

With several non-city bus routes that connect to train stations suspended, i suspect rider numbers will take a further hit on top of anything caused by less people driving.

The 127, 128, and 130 specifically. I know you can take trenton line as a sort-of alternate to the 127, but there is no equivalent for the 128, 130, and west trenton line unless you count the area served by trevose, summerton, and forest hills, which is navigable on foot..... Though with the snow plowed wherever it can go off the road who knows how practical that is.

Probably going to be a few days till everything gets back to normal, there is just so much snow and only so many places to move it aside.