• SEPTA breaks Regional Rail Ridership record again.....

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by zebrasepta

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20150 ... mbers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ridership on SEPTA's 13 regional rail lines hit an all-time high of 37.4 million trips in fiscal year 2015, the period from July 1 2014 through June 30, SEPTA announced yesterday.

It was the third year in a row a ridership record was set, according to numbers the authority provided to the Daily News.
  by MACTRAXX

ZS:

Good to see - this shows how vital SEPTA Regional Rail is to the Philadelphia region...

MACTRAXX
  by JeffK

ExCon90 wrote:Will somebody please tell Butler County's Gift To The Commonwealth? He thinks nobody rides it.
Not really "nobody". Just welfare recipients and criminals (often the same, in his warped worldview :( )
  by NorthPennLimited

the sarge wrote:And the Trenton line
And the City of Chester. Does anyone own a car that lives in that city?

Does anyone still live in that city?
  by the sarge

NorthPennLimited wrote:
the sarge wrote:And the Trenton line
And the City of Chester. Does anyone own a car that lives in that city?

Does anyone still live in that city?

I know a few who still live there and they own cars. There's pockets within Chester that are stable. A trip along the NEC in SEPTA territory can paint a wide picture. From the urban decay of north philly to the hicksville that is Bristol, the line has got it all. When you think about it, It could be a lot worse then some leftover ticket stubs.
  by trackwelder

hey! bristol's nice! waterfront park and the wharf are great places to spend an afternoon, and i'd kill somebody for one of those beautiful victorian houses that front the river on radcliff street.
  by the sarge

trackwelder wrote:hey! bristol's nice! waterfront park and the wharf are great places to spend an afternoon, and i'd kill somebody for one of those beautiful victorian houses that front the river on radcliff street.
Sorry, was thinking of Bristol "Township". If I was knocked out and woke up there and someone told me I was in Oklahoma, I would believe them.
  by bikentransit

I don't know if SEPTA keeps stats on vehicle conditions, but perhaps resources could be better deployed on lines that are known to have the worst passenger pollution. I can imagine Chestnut Hill riders don't want to deal with Trenton trash. Then again, other offending riders are also on Norristown and Paoli, depending on the time of day. Late night & weekends tend to be worse. Regular commuters are usually not the issue.
  by ekt8750

bikentransit wrote:I don't know if SEPTA keeps stats on vehicle conditions, but perhaps resources could be better deployed on lines that are known to have the worst passenger pollution. I can imagine Chestnut Hill riders don't want to deal with Trenton trash. Then again, other offending riders are also on Norristown and Paoli, depending on the time of day. Late night & weekends tend to be worse. Regular commuters are usually not the issue.
Maybe you should hire a limo service to cart your entitled self around if you're that concerned about the cleanliness of your transportation.
  by NorthPennLimited

ekt8750 wrote:
bikentransit wrote:I don't know if SEPTA keeps stats on vehicle conditions, but perhaps resources could be better deployed on lines that are known to have the worst passenger pollution. I can imagine Chestnut Hill riders don't want to deal with Trenton trash. Then again, other offending riders are also on Norristown and Paoli, depending on the time of day. Late night & weekends tend to be worse. Regular commuters are usually not the issue.
Maybe you should hire a limo service to cart your entitled self around if you're that concerned about the cleanliness of your transportation.
This limo has a carbon-neutral footprint.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by bikentransit

Maybe you should just refrain from posting on this website since you have nothing useful to contribute. Other cities have no problem keeping their systems looking respectful and clean. SEPTA should take note.
  by ekt8750

bikentransit wrote:Maybe you should just refrain from posting on this website since you have nothing useful to contribute. Other cities have no problem keeping their systems looking respectful and clean. SEPTA should take note.
All you've done is create these straw men but you have yet to actually post a single fact, case or point to support your opinion. Don't tell me to stop posting just because you disagree.