• Seashore Lines website

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

by Vermonter

Joe,
Thanks for being the bearer of good news. The CMSL continues to keep alive the memory of PRSL, to provide a much needed service and to educate the public on how transportation to the shore should be.

Tony's patience must have often been sorely tried. Sadly there is a lot of ignorance around. I know this seems weird but I think we as railfans can rejoice the more often the traffic snarls up and the more people sit wasting their gas.

RDC's are one of the few sensible things that ever happened in South Jersey. It's time to hear a few other loud cheers now!

Bill

by NJ Vike

Glad to see the site is going back online. Looking forward to riding the train :-)

by NJ Vike

Are there any scheduled train rides this summer?
  by prr60

jatravia wrote:...If I am understanding Tony correctly it will be mid summer before the trains start rolling (aside from specials like the birthday train last weekend, that I got to ride on, and the Red Hat Society's ride a few weeks back). I should have my hands on the schedule soon though. Once I have it I'll get it posted on the new site www.capemayseashorelines.org.
Mid summer? Pardon me if I am wrong, but isn't the entire summer the key to any business success at the Jersey Shore? There must be a whole lot more going on at the CMSL than anyone is saying.

by rrbluesman

I was down in Cape May City Rail Terminal, CMSL had a sign up that said regular daily service would resume June 10. The observation car in Rio Grande has been seriously vandalized, damn shame about the fire there.

by JoeBas

rrbluesman wrote:I was down in Cape May City Rail Terminal, CMSL had a sign up that said regular daily service would resume June 10. The observation car in Rio Grande has been seriously vandalized, damn shame about the fire there.
Was this the Tempel?

by rrbluesman

I was unable to see the name.

by rrbluesman

yeah, that was the one
  by DougD

Site appears to have been updated last evening. No train schedule etc. info yet but it appears that they will be running both the Cape May and Richland excursions.

DougD
  by M-407

Site appears to have been updated last evening. No train schedule etc. info yet but it appears that they will be running both the Cape May and Richland excursions.

Be assured that the new CMSL website will be nothing short of spectacular!

by Dana

Hello, When I stopped by the Information Center on the GSP on August 13th I was told that the trains were not running this season. I know it's hard to keep all of these places stocked with timetables, but I wish I had known before that trains were running elsewhere on the line. I guess I could have checked the website while I was down there, but the dial up was s o o o s looo ooo w. Anyway; I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering if there is a way to to stop the mis-information at the Information Center. There are only so many people willing to volunteer and they are needed in so many places!
Dana

by prsl7668

Dana wrote:Hello, When I stopped by the Information Center on the GSP on August 13th I was told that the trains were not running this season. I know it's hard to keep all of these places stocked with timetables, but I wish I had known before that trains were running elsewhere on the line. I guess I could have checked the website while I was down there, but the dial up was s o o o s looo ooo w. Anyway; I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering if there is a way to to stop the mis-information at the Information Center. There are only so many people willing to volunteer and they are needed in so many places!
Dana
Not really mis-information there, but when trains are not running on the main part of the railroad it is true they are not running this year. Railroad should put out a press release but that's not the way they do business. Just ignore the public and hope they don't ask why trains aren't running.

by blockline4180

prsl7668 wrote:
Dana wrote:Hello, When I stopped by the Information Center on the GSP on August 13th I was told that the trains were not running this season. I know it's hard to keep all of these places stocked with timetables, but I wish I had known before that trains were running elsewhere on the line. I guess I could have checked the website while I was down there, but the dial up was s o o o s looo ooo w. Anyway; I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering if there is a way to to stop the mis-information at the Information Center. There are only so many people willing to volunteer and they are needed in so many places!
Dana
Not really mis-information there, but when trains are not running on the main part of the railroad it is true they are not running this year. Railroad should put out a press release but that's not the way they do business. Just ignore the public and hope they don't ask why trains aren't running.

So it is safe to assume that trains won't run between Cold Spring and Cape May at all this year?

Thanks in advance!~

by glennk419

blockline4180 wrote:
prsl7668 wrote:
Dana

So it is safe to assume that trains won't run between Cold Spring and Cape May at all this year?

Thanks in advance!~
I guess there's still hope for the Santa trains but it appears that the daily summer service will not run.