• Santa Fe U30CGs: Where are they now?

• Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.
Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.

Moderators: MEC407, AMTK84

by dash7

i know this is probably a stupid question but does anyone know if there are any santa fe u30cg cowl units left or have they all met their fate with a cutting torch?.maybe on static display?thanks again, :-D dash 7

by SSW9389

All six Santa Fe U30CGs were scrapped after their September 22, 1980 retirement. They were traded in to GE on B36-7s. Diesel data from The Santa Fe Diesel Volume 2 by Dr. Cinthia Priest.

by dash7

thanks for that, what a shame............. !!! thanks, :-D dash7

by SSW9389

The U30CGs and other older Uboats on the Santa Fe were not well liked by the enginemen, nor well cared for by the maintenance forces. No tears were shed when the old oil pots were cut up. Good riddance! :wink:

by MEC407

Still, it's too bad that not even one of them was preserved. They were nice looking locomotives.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 353&nseq=4

by dash7

thanks; MEC407 im glad you found them as pleasing to the eye as i did (i hope?)to bad like you said that none were ever preserved any way at least there are photos of these handsom beasts to preserve their memory.cheers :-D dash7