• rumor: Maine Narrow Gauge Moving Out of Portland?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by eriemike

I heard a "rumor" that the landlord of the property where the Maine Narrow Guage is located has asked them to vacate. Any truth to this "rumor"?

by MEC407

I can't think of any reason why that would be true.

That said, why not just call MNGRR and ask them?
  by Cosmo

I gotta throw the BS flag on this one.
MNGRR is NOT moving anytime soon.
The "landlord" for the property occupied by the Museum is Phineas Sprague, the same guy that brought them there from EDAville.
You (or whoever told you,) may be confusing stories, as before the collection moved to Portland there were many rumors of "Ocean Spray" not wanting to renew the lease for EDAville. Exactly how true any of these particular rumors was at any one given time generaly depended upon who was asking who.
The only place MNGRR is moving now is "FORWARD!"
Cosmo

by eriemike

Cosmo, Thank you for putting the "rumor" to rest. I had heard the "rumor" from a friend who is into the 2 footers. Only posted the question to put to rest what I was hearing. I know that the MNG have put in a lot of hard work into what they have there.

by viewfinder

RBP
Last edited by viewfinder on Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by Cosmo

Last time I talked to anyone at MNGRR was in January. I was emailing back and forth with their director concerning upcoming entertainment.
There are no indications now, or at any time durring the past few months of MNGRR having to face eviction. As far as I can tell, they are still "Full Steam Ahead" with thier schedule for 2006.
I'd like to know if anyone was there for their Mardi-Gras train. I'd've like to have made that one, but too pricey.
Cosmo