• Rumney, NH Depot

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by B&Mguy

I heard recently that the former B&M depot in Rumney, NH is still standing and used as a private home. I was wondering if anyone can verify this? I saw on a NH stations website that it is gone. I'm trying to document as much of the remains of the Plymouth-Woodsville section of the B&M as possible, and this would be a huge help.

Thanks!
  by musehobo

Check the restaurant on Depot Street. I believe if you ask the owners (or police, as I did) they will tell you it was the station.
  by B&Mguy

Update: I discovered from the Wentworth Historical Society that the old Rumney Depot still exists and stands in the middle of the town's DPW yard. I'm not sure if there are any future plans for this structure, but it's good to know that it is still around!
  by musehobo

B&Mguy Thanks for the info. I guess the police were pulling my leg when I checked. I will try and get to the DPW yard to take pictures when the snow disappears. Thanks again