• royally screwed tonight.

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by rail__debris

i don't know if this has anything to do with the fire at psny, i just got majorly inconvienced tonight.
my intention tonight was to go from newark penn to watsessing ave via sec at around 1145pm-1205am, arriving at watsessing at around 1220am. what happened was that the njcl to sec was delayed about twenty minutes. moreover, it was supposed to arrive at 1145pm. and at 1143pm it was shown as 'all aboard.' however, it didnt arrive until after 1205 and it said 'all aboard' the whole time. by the time we got to sec, the customer service people told us that the montclair-boonton train was delay and still in psny. after waiting 45 minutes an m&e arrives and officials tell us to go to broad and take a cab or a bus. i was thinking 'what the hell is wrong with you???'

1. broad st newark is not exactly the most friendly place at night
2. a cab to where? i have to go to watsessing, but what about people who live west of montclair? a forty dollar train ride to wayne???

btw...the train conductors were clueless as to what was going on. not that i am neccessarily blaming them (from what i read on here, they dont tell you guys anything), but they should have said 'there are major delays at nyc or something.' btw...they only made annoucements at sec, not newark.

so in the end, we took at cab from south orange, some else got screwed over and had to go to montclair, so we were able to obtain a ride. also, i think i am gonna take the bus more often at night, cuz even tho there are weirdos on the bus, there probably less crazy than the people hanging around newark broad st at night.

p.s. i am calling njt tomorrow morning and complaining.
p.p.s. i am rrreeaallly tired, please excuse any grammaritical mistakes.
  by ryanov

I stand at Broad and Market a lot to catch the last bus back to North Newark. It's not bad at all -- really no one around.

by Irish Chieftain

my intention tonight was to go from newark penn to watsessing ave via sec
Why? Broad Street Station would have been a short bus ride or cab ride away. Not to mention that you could have used the route 34 bus' Bloomfield branch from Penn (Market Street) to get to Watsessing. Why go miles out of your way for no reason and extra money?

(It's almost like looking to ride the train from Elizabeth to Westfield via Newark Penn when one could use the route 59 bus.)

by Lackawanna484

The #29 bus runs from Newark Penn (and its NCS connection) up Bloomfield Avenue. Watsessing avenue is a few blocks south of Bloomfield Ave

I think the #29 starts many of its after dark runs at city subway on Bloomfield Avenue and then heads west...

by njtmnrrbuff

I could definately understand your complaints. Yes, transit really needs to get their communication better at Secaucus. I really don't trust that place whenever I head anywhere in Jersey or west of hudson. The signs can be weird.NWK Broad St is okay at night but yes, you do have to watch your back there. The bus between Bloomfield and NWK Penn is more convienient depending on traffic.