• roadrailer trains

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
  by lakeshoredave

where does ns still run roadrailer trains on their system these days?
  by PARailWiz

The only place I've ever seen them is during an Amtrak stopover in Pittsburgh early in the morning while switching from the Capitol Limited to the Pennsylvanian.
  by shlustig

Triple Crown has a terminal on the NS at Sandusky, Ohio.

RoadRailer trains run east via Cleveland and south via Bellevue.
  by wurlitzer153

East of Cleveland, the roadrailers take the PRR route through Alliance and Pittsburgh. They haven't run the lakeshore route regularly since the Conrail days.

A few years ago, in the aftermath of a wreck in the Beaver valley, NS detoured roadrailers up the NKP to Ashtabula and down the Youngstown Line. Here's one of those detour trains, southbound at US 322:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhcVsm1SOaQ
  by spRocket

A few weeks ago, I saw one rolling through Logansport, IN. on the old Wabash route. I'm not sure where it would have ultimately gone, but I'd guess Decatur, IL or beyond.
  by Dewoc19

we have a pretty big Triple Crown section in the Calumet Yard in IL, we take one train to UP's Proviso Global 2 Yard and one train goes out East somewhere