• Retirements and Disposition of CR Equipment

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by ck4049

Hmm, that's odd. I was told they were going to Pan Am's Waterville, ME shops and that they had already arrived on train POWA from earlier this week.
  by KSmitty

ck4049 wrote:Hmm, that's odd. I was told they were going to Pan Am's Waterville, ME shops and that they had already arrived on train POWA from earlier this week.
That was general consensus among people i know as well. And they did stop at Waterville temporarily, but wound up on WANM and on the tracks for CMQ to pick up.

Wishfully hoping they wind up in Irving's pocket for excursion power this summer...
  by MBTA3247

GP40MC1118 wrote:They should be coming back to Waterville on NMWA.

D
Is this like how CSX often routes trains from Selkirk to Boston by way of Buffalo?
  by ACeInTheHole

Ask #1123, its an expert on that.. CSX sent it on a free vacation to Chicago coming back from Altoona a few years ago
  by ck4049

The first HSP46 2001 got delivered to the NECR when it came from MPI. Of course that was another CSX routing.
  by Screamer 1000

A little off topic but does anyone know the cabcar #s that are paired with the remaining screamers? (For tracking purposes)
  by KSmitty

GP40MC1118 wrote:They should be coming back to Waterville on NMWA.

D
Just to follow up, they headed west on NMWA today. Should be in Waterville now.
  by Screamer 1000

I just saw a picture on Instagram of Amtrak 301 being shipped to Massachusetts. Word on the rails is that we leased 4 ex Amtrak Screamers to boost service
  by MetroBostonRailways

Screamer 1000 wrote:I just saw a picture on Instagram of Amtrak 301 being shipped to Massachusetts. Word on the rails is that we leased 4 ex Amtrak Screamers to boost service
Could you link the picture?
  by ck4049

Even though quite a few people are saying we are getting lease units I am still very skeptical about it.
  by Screamer 1000

It appears that 301 has an RS5T horn (Sorry I couldn't find a url for the picture I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find it)
  by Backshophoss

Were part of AMT's fleet with some leased NJT power till they got their ALDP-45's From across the pond
(BBD ) depending if the units were setup for storage propery,should not take much work to them running
  by ck4049

Don't get too excited, Keolis is only going to use them if it is completely necessary. The only way you will see these lease units is if they don't have enough working units of their own by the end of the month. I highly doubt they will see revenue service since 2 new HSPs went into service this month so far with another already well into testing and the backlog of dead locomotives is really thinning out.