• REDI

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by changed

How hard is the schooling for conductor at the REDI center for CSX? I went thru the training with NS and it was a breeze but I hear that CSX is much harder can anybody give me any input on this?

I posted this the other day and it got locked saying there was already a sticky thread for this, sorry but I do not see a thread called REDI stickied nor do I see any of the threads talking about REDI center?

by BigWeb

So, you're already a trained conductor, and now you're worried about going through the training again? I don't see the problem here. It should be a breeze for you.

by changed

I went thru the training with NS last May. They marked me up Sept 07 and I have avg. 2 days a half! CSX was hiring so I applied and got it. Just wondering if the CSX training is harder then NS? I have been told it is but I don't really see how it could be they both have the same rules for the most part!

by COEN77

Why be worried? You already have an advantage. It should be a breeze when it comes down to operating rules, safety ect...make it work for you.

by changed

only thing I am worried about is the signals test Ihear you have to have 100% on it? Is it a mutliple choice test or what?

by COEN77

I'm sure it is 100% as it should be. I haven't a clue if it's a multiple choice or not when I got promoted it was a signal box and they would give you a signal and you had to state it's definition word for word correctly. Of course that was 27 years ago taking promotion to Engineer. When you find out which side of the railroad you'll work at then you should study those signals, where I'm located we use C&O and Seaboard.

by changed

I see you are in Richmond I will be working out of Clifton Forge so I will be studying the same signals!

by COEN77

Yes, I worked out of Clifton Forge for many years in interdivisional service.
  by avenger

changed wrote:How hard is the schooling for conductor at the REDI center for CSX? I went thru the training with NS and it was a breeze but I hear that CSX is much harder can anybody give me any input on this?

I posted this the other day and it got locked saying there was already a sticky thread for this, sorry but I do not see a thread called REDI stickied nor do I see any of the threads talking about REDI center?
You still going to REDI next week?

by scooterz66

The signals test at the REDI is hand written. They give you a signals book that had a picture of the signal and the rule #. Nothing else. You have to give the Aspect and Indication. (name of the signal and what it means) Word for word from memory They don't care so much about punctuation, but the wording has to be right.
  by changed

You still going to REDI next week?[/quote]

Yea I will be heading down there Sun. the 16th

Is the class very tuff so far?