• Railway books on the New York state

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by K4Pacific

Apologize Otto. But, he was born and raised and buried in Elmira and his grandfather was instrumental in the Williamsport and Elmira.
  by henry6

Jervis B. Langdon was a native of Elmira noted for his work with CRI&P, B&O, PC, AMTRAK. He Rests In Peace shoulder to shoulder next to his inlaw Samuel Clemens in Elmira. He is definitely a New York railroad topic.
  by Otto Vondrak

I know who Jarvis Langdon was, but the topic is books related to New York State railroading, not books by people from New York State, books that mention New York State, etc etc...

-otto-
  by K4Pacific

It's OK. I posted B&O, CRI&P, PC forums. We do need to stick with the topic.
  by tech2187

greetings folks... im interested in some of the "morning sun" books off this list. for those that have them, are they worth the 50$ or more? ive searched on this board and saw some folks who seem to like them and others who want more history (i took this as text) than what is presented.
  by NS3737

tech2187 wrote:greetings folks... im interested in some of the "morning sun" books off this list. for those that have them, are they worth the 50$ or more? ive searched on this board and saw some folks who seem to like them and others who want more history (i took this as text) than what is presented.
The reason why I have bought Morning Sun books was to get a glimpse of the pre Conrail era and not for the history, as I have other books for that. As to price/quality I think $50,- is a bit stiff for what I consider is merrely a photo book at that size. As to their book series: (fill in any Conrail predessor) in color, I am the opinion that with there latter releases Morning Sun as milked this cow completely dry, since to me there was a considerable degradation in the quality of photos in the latter releases of this series, which was most blatantly visible in the Reading series. And after buying one sample of the Trackside series I decided not to add any more on my wish list. But that is only a matter of taste.

To summarize: the ones I have allow me to get a glimpse of an era I was not able to witness myself, but it is very likely there will be no more additions.

Gijs
  by Otto Vondrak

tech2187 wrote:greetings folks... im interested in some of the "morning sun" books off this list. for those that have them, are they worth the 50$ or more? ive searched on this board and saw some folks who seem to like them and others who want more history (i took this as text) than what is presented.
We call then "$60 Slide Shows." They are often very nice collections of color images on a given subject. The ones I refer to the most are the Color Guides to equipment. These have roster shots that I use as a reference for modeling and writing. Thumb through one at your local hobby shop or train show book dealer... take it or leave it! :-)

-otto-
  by henry6

The advances in color printing, digital photography and reporduction, has made such books easy to put together and market, even inexpensive to produce. Usually only the writing of the captions and maybe a cursory paragraph here or there is all the "research" that goes into the book. The more historically oriented the photographer-writer-editor, usually the more valuable the pictures and thus, the book. I don't want to take anything away from the really good photographers; they deserve all the kudo's they can get. But too often today's picture books contain the same picture over and over and over again. Only the color or the number of the locomotive is different; the train fills the picture rather than bring attention to itself. You can't tell the setting because the train fills the frame. Head on shots are so common they are boring! Roster shots are one thing (and invaluable to modelers) but just a shot is just a shot. Over use of the zoom is another problem that keeps newer books from being unremarkable. (And these problems concerning photography and subject aren't confined to railroading; with digital as inexpensive as it is, almost everyone and anyone can take pictures, even with a cell phone! Ansome Graham Bell, noted photographer....!) There are many railfan books produced each month and each year, but few contain the painstaking research and writing that brings us new or useful information concerning the subject. Except to show that somebody was there at that hour on that day to take the picture.
  by tech2187

thanks for the responses folks... the nyo&w and l&hr books are of great interest (well, after seeing the whole prod line, quite a few look nice), i may just take my lumps and get them. one prob is that i havent seen this line of books at my local hobby shop, or other book stores. i have found several of the books at some online shops that are decent though.
  by NS3737

henry6 wrote:The advances in color printing, digital photography and reporduction, has made such books easy to put together and market, even inexpensive to produce. Usually only the writing of the captions and maybe a cursory paragraph here or there is all the "research" that goes into the book.
Today there seem a strong tendency of making books on any subject with a strong emphasis on pictures, much to my chagrin :( . But it seems people prefer to look at pictures (and even more so when these are moving) as reading. The ease a book can be made today will hav its impact on the quality for sure and not always positive.
henry6 wrote:The more historically oriented the photographer-writer-editor, usually the more valuable the pictures and thus, the book.
Well that is my kind of book, a picture should supprt the text not the other way round :-) .
henry6 wrote: You can't tell the setting because the train fills the frame.
The comment I hear the most as to my photos; the train is to small!!
henry6 wrote:Over use of the zoom is another problem that keeps newer books from being unremarkable.
Please elaborate a bit more on that, do you mean the use of zoom lenses in order to have the train filling the frame or?
henry6 wrote:almost everyone and anyone can take pictures, even with a cell phone!
Worse yet some people do not even care for proper exposure anymore; they will take care of that using a photo editor. The capability of triggering the shutter does not mean you are capable of making photos! Most people make pictures and just that.

To end with a brigth note: occasionaly well written and researched books do appear, and if all books that are released on the subject of railways would be woth while buying one would quickly run in to money and space constraints :wink: .

Gijs
  by henry6

The problem with commenting on this subject is to be taken broadly by generalizations. Yes, there is a tendency to use a zoom to fill a frame rather than get a picture yet there are times a zoom picture is perfect; it is when you get such distortions because of zoom that it becomes, let's say, annoying....let the photographer decide what is too big or too small, let him decide what he wants to portray and depict in his pictures...There are many well done photograph books, usually by fan oriented publishers, but there are many books by the likes of Barnes and Noble, etc., that are done just to sell cheap books. These often contain misinformation about trains and railroads, too.
  by Noel Weaver

Morning Sun Books are basically somebody's slides done into books. Consider the photographer before considering the book.
You see color pictures in the magazines all of the time and we should all know who the photographers are who do these
photographs.
Morning Sun Books are not history books and if you are looking for more than the very basic of information on a particular
railroad or line, forget it.
I have a fair number of Morning Sun Books, some of them are worth the money and some are not worth the money.
Problem today is that many books are only available by mail order or if in a hobby shop they are wrapped and not available
to brouse through so you pay your money and take your chance.
Noel Weaver
  by RailBus63

NS3737 wrote:Today there seem a strong tendency of making books on any subject with a strong emphasis on pictures, much to my chagrin :( . But it seems people prefer to look at pictures (and even more so when these are moving) as reading. The ease a book can be made today will hav its impact on the quality for sure and not always positive.
I don't have an issue with books that are primarily based on photography. Not everyone is a historian, and I would rather somebody produce a well-done book of their photos than not publish at all because they don't have the time or inclination to write a lot of text.

The ability to self-publish books today should be a good thing. I agree that some books will be of lesser quality, but that is up to the buyer to decide if they want to spend the money. It was very difficult to publish in the past. Historical societies are often cliquish, and books have too often been selected for help and publishing based on whether the author is part of the ‘in crowd’ or not. Hopefully this will change for the better.
  by NS3737

A bit over due but here is the updated list.

1: 20th Century Limited, Karl R. Zimmermann, MBI
2: A Hill, a Branch, and the Pecksport Loop, John Taibi, Ontario & Western Railway Historical Society
3: Adirondack Railroads Real and Phantom, Harold K. Hochschild, Adirondack Museum
4: Adirondack Vistas, Ed Gardner, Author
5: Arcade & Attica Railroad, Edward A Lewis, The Baggage Car
6: Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Stations and Towers along the Niagara Division, William Fries , (1996)
7: Between the Ocean and the Lakes -The Story of the ERIE, Edward Harold Mott,
8: Bradford and Foster Brook Peg Leg Railroad , Lawrence Kilmer ,
9: Bridging the Hudson The Poughkeepsie Railroad Bridge and its Connecting Rail Lines, A Many-Faceted History, Carleton Mabee, Purple Mountain Press
10: Brooklyn's Waterfront Railways: A Pictorial Journey, Jay Bendersky, Meatball Productions
11: Buffalo & Susquehanna, Paul Pietrak,
12: Buffalo Central Terminal: A photo album, Ken Kraemer, RR Trax studios
13: Buffalo Central Terminal: construction of a Transportation Landmark, John Dahl, Railroad Station Historical Society
14: Buffalo, Rochester & Pittsburgh in Color (vol 1), M Zollitsch, Morning Sun Books
15:Buffalo, Rochester & Pittsburgh in Color (vol 2), M Zollitsch, Morning Sun Books
16: Butter and cheese express: The Auburn Branch of the New York & Oswego Midland Railroad, Richard F. Palmer, Chenango County Historical Society
17: Canal Boats, Interurbans and Trolleys (The Story of the Rochester Subway), Amberger, Rochester Chapter NRHS
18: Change at Ozone Park, Herbert George, RAE publishing (1993)
19: Clear the Tracks! The story of an old-time locomotive engineer, Joseph Bromley, Wittlesey House (1943)
20: Coal to Cananda, history of the Ontario Car Ferry Company, Ted Rafuse, Steam Power Publishing
21: Coming of the New York & Harlem, The., Louis V. Grogran,
22: Commuter Trains to Grand Central Terminal, Tom Nelligan,
23: Conquering Gotham: The construction of Penn station and its tunnels, Jill Jonnes, Viking
24: Conrail, Timothy Scott Doherty, Brian Solomon, MBI
25: Copper Wires, Clerertories, and Communters - A Glimpse of Syracuse’s Interurban Story, Lawrence Meloling, (1969)
26: Creameries of upstate New York - At the Turn of the Centrury, John W. Hudson II, Depot Square Publishing
27: D. & M. and D.L.&W: putting Dansville on the Railroad Map, William J Rauber,
28: Days along the Buckwheat and Dandelion The Unadilla Valley Railway, Fred Pugh,
29: Delaware & Hudson, Jim Saughnessey, Syracuse University Press
30: Delaware & Norhtern and the towns it served, The., Gertrude Fitch Horton, Purple Mountain Press (1989)
31: Delaware Lackawanna & Western Railroad’s Syracuse Division, The., John W & Suzanne C. Hudson, Depot Square Publishing
32: Destruction of Penn Station, The., Barbara & Peter Moore ,
33: Diesels of the Sunrise Trail, John J. Scala, Weekend Chief (1984)
34: DL&W in the 19th century, Thomas Tabor,
35: DL&W in the 20th century vol. I, Thomas Tabor,
36: DL&W in the 20th century vol. II, Thomas Tabor,
37: Doctor Durant and his iron horse, Harold K. Hochschild, Adirondack Museum
38: Ed Nowak's New York Central – A company photographers view of the Railroad, Ed Nowak, Karl Zimmermann, PTJ Publishing (1983)
39: Eight Miles along the Shore: An Illustrated History of Greece, NY, Virginia Tomkiewicz, Shirley Cox Husted, The Greece Historical Societey (1982)
40: Electric Heritage of the Long Island Rail Road, Ron Ziel, John Krause, Carstens (1986)
41: Erie Lackawanna Death of An American Railroad 1938-1992, H. Roger Grant, Stanfort University Press
42: Erie Lackawanna In Color. Volume 2 New York State, Larry DeYoung, Morning Sun Books
43: Erie Lackawanna In Color. Volume 3 The East end, Larry DeYoung, Morning Sun Books
44: Erie Lackawanna In Color. Volume 5 Merger Memories, John R. Canfield, Morning Sun Books
45: Erie Lackawanna Memories, Preston Cook, Old Line Graphics (1987)
46: Erie Memories , Edward J. Crist , Quadrant Press (1993)
47: Erie Railroad in Color, David R. Sweetland, Morning Sun Books
48: Erie Railroad Rochester Division, The., William R. Gordon,
49: Fairy Tale Railroad The Mowhawk and Malone, Henry A. Harter, North Country Books
50: Fonda, Johnstown & Gloverville Railroad, The., Randy L. Decker,
51: Forgotten Railroads Through Westchester County, Robert A. Bang,
52: From Glenagore to Guilford Irish Destiny on the O&W, Patrick R. McElligott, (2004)
53: Gangly Country Cousin Lehigh Valleys Auburn Division 9The), Herbert V Trice,
54: Genesee & Wyoming Railroad Company, The., , G&W RR (1970)
55: Glen Route, The., Sheldon S. King,
56: Glenfield & Western Railroad, The., Brian D. Mumford, Frederick J. Schneider, Frederick J. Schneider (2003)
57: Gone but not forgotten: The Marcellus & Otisco Railway, Richard F Palmer, Central New York chapter NRHS
58: Grand Central Terminal: City within the City, Deborah Nevins, Municipal Art Society of NY
59: Grand Central, the World's Greatest Railway Terminal, William D. Middleton, Golden West Books
60: Grand old Stations and Steam Locos of the Ulster & Delaware, The., John M. Ham, Robert K. Bucenec, Stony Clove & Catskill Mountain Press
61: History of Railroad operations at Kodak Park, , Eastman Kodak Co (1963)
62: History of Railroads in Tomkins County, Hardy Lee
63: History of Railroads in Western New York, A., Edward T. Dunn, Canisius College Press
64: History of the Buffalo, Rochester & Pittsburgh, Paul Pietrak,
65: History of the Hudson Valley Railway, A., David F. Nestle, Author (1967)
66: History of the Lehigh Valley Railroad Route of the Black Diamond, A., Robert F. Archer, Heimburger House Publishing
67: History of the Long Island Rail Road (volume 1), Vincent Seyfried ,
68: History of the Long Island Rail Road (volume 2), Vincent Seyfried ,
69: History of the Long Island Rail Road (volume 3), Vincent Seyfried ,
70: History of the Long Island Rail Road (volume 4), Vincent Seyfried ,
71: History of the Long Island Rail Road (volume 5), Vincent Seyfried ,
72: History of the Long Island Rail Road (volume 6), Vincent Seyfried ,
73: History of the Long Island Rail Road (volume 7), Vincent Seyfried ,
74: History of the Western New York & Pennsylvania, Paul Pietrak,
75: Hojac Railroad-Tracking Hamlin a tale of "the white elephant" line, The., Mary Smit, (1976)
76: Interurbans of New York, Felix E. Reifscheider,
77: Keuka Lake Memories, \William R. Gordon,
78: Leatherstocking Rails A History of Railroading Along the Upper Susquehanna, Jim Loudon, Leatherstocking Railway Historical Society
79: Lehigh & Hudson River in color, Jim Boyd, Tracy Antz, Morning Sun Books
80: Lehigh and New England, Ed Christ, John Krause, Carstens Publications
81: Lehigh Valley In Color, Robert J. Yanosey, Morning Sun Books
82: Lehigh Valley In Color (volume 2), Robert J. Yanosey, Morning Sun Books
83: Lehigh Valley In Color (volume 3), Jeremy F. Plant, Richard Steinbrenner, Morning Sun Books
84: Lehigh Valley Memories - A Tour of the Lehigh Valley Railroad in New York's Finger Lakes Region, 1941 – 1959, David Marcham,
85: Lehigh Valley Railroad: Wyoming & Buffalo Divisions, Mike Bednar,
86: Light Trains & Short Ties Through the Notch, John M. Ham, Robert K. Bucenec, Stony Clove & Catskill Mountain Press
87: Listen to the Whistle An Anecdotal History of the Wallkill Valley Railroad, Carleton Mabee, Purple Mountain Press (1995)
88: Little Falls and Dolgeville Railroad, The, Lucinda Parker, Worden Press (1986)
89: Logging Railroads of the Adirondacks, Bill Gove,
90: Long Island Rail Road Memories: The Making of a Steam Locomotive Engineer, Richard J. Harrison, Quadrant Press (1981)
91: Long Island Rail Road, The., Ron Ziel, George Foster, Hawthorn Books
92: Long Island Rail Road: A pictoral record of the steam-to-diesel transition east of Jamaica, Frederick Kramer, John Krause, Carstens
93: Long Island Railroads in Early Photographs, Ron Ziel, Dover publications
94: Manhattan Gateway, New York's Penn Station, William D. Middleton,
95: Manitou Beach Trolley Days: 1891-1925, , The Greece Historical Societey (reprint)
96: Metro-North's Hudson Line, Thomas V. Panettiere, Depot Square Publishing
97: Mountain Railroads of the New York State vol 3, Michael Kudish, Purple Mountain Press (2008)
98: Mountain Railroads of the New York State vol 4, Michael Kudish, Purple Mountain Press (2009)
99: Mr Cornell's Railroad & how it grew, John Connell,
100: New York Central Color Photography by Ed Nowak Book I, Ed Nowak, Morning Sun Books
101: New York Central Color Photography by Ed Nowak Book II, Ed Nowak, Morning Sun Books
102: New York Central Color Photography by Ed Nowak Book III, Ed Nowak, Morning Sun Books
103: New York Central in the Hudson Valley The Waterlevel Route in steam and Diesel, George R. Drury, Kalmbach Books
104: New York Central Railroad, Brian Solomon, MBI
105: New York Connecting Railroad, Long Island's Other Railroad, The, Robert Strum, William Thom, Sunrize Train Chapter NRHS
106: New York Harbor Railroads in Color vol 1, Thomas R. Flagg, Morning Sun Books
107: New York Harbor Railroads in Color vol 2, Thomas R. Flagg, Morning Sun Books
108: New York Ontario & Western in color, ,
109: New York Ontario & Western in the Diesel Age , Robert E. Mohowski , Andover Junction Publications (1994)
110: New York Ontario & Western Railway Milk Cans, Mixed Trains and Motor Cars, The., Robert E. Mohowski, Garrigues House Publishing (1995)
111: New York State Railways, The., Sheldon S. King, (1975)
112: New York, Westchester & Boston Railway Company: 1906-1946, The., Robert A. Bang, (2004)
113: Next Station Will Be, The . . . Volume IX, , Railroadians (1987)
114: Next Station Will Be, The . . . Volume XII, , Railroadians (1994)
115: Next Station Will Be, The. . . Volume XI, , Railroadians (1989)
116: Next stop Grand Central: A Trip Through Time On New York's Metropolitan Area Commuter Railroads, Stan Fischler, (1986)
117: Niagara By Rail I, Peter Jehrio, Coldwaters Press
118: Niagara By Rail II, Peter Jehrio, Coldwaters Press
119: Niagara By Rail III, Peter Jehrio, Coldwaters Press
120: Niagara Gorge Belt Line A Pictoral Album, , Niagara Frontier Chapter NRHS
121: Night of disaster: The New York Central Gulf Curve Wreck, David A. Taylor, Lucinda M. Parker, Artspace
122: Ninety Four Years of Rochester Railways Vol 1, William R. Gordon,
123: Ninety Four Years of Rochester Railways Vol 2, William R. Gordon,
124: O&W The long live and slow death of the New York Ontario & Western, William F. Helmer, Originally published in 1959 but recently republished
125: Old "Up and Down" Catskill mountain branch of the NYC, The., John M. Ham, Robert K. Bucenec, Stony Clove & Catskill Mountain Press
126: Old Put, The, Joe Schiavone, Brian Vangor,
127: Oneonta Roundhouse, The., Jim Loudon, Leatherstocking Railway Historical Society
128: Ontario & Western Railway Northern Division, The., John Taibi, Arcadia
129: Penn Central Railroad, Peter Lynch, MBI
130: Pennsy Era on Long Island, The, Ron Ziel, Sunrise Spectial Ltd (1984)
131: Pennsylvania Railroad's Elmira Branch, William Caloroso, Andover Junction Publications (1993)
132: Pioneer American Railroads The Mowawk & Hudson and the Saratoga & Schenectady, Daniel Larkin, Purple Mountain Press
133: Pittsburg Shawmut and Northern, Paul Pietrak,
134: Putnam Division, The., Daniel R. Gallo, Frederick A. Kramer,
135: Railroad atlas of North America Northeast, Mike Walker, Steam Powered Video (1998)
136: Railroad Days Memories of the Delaware Lackawanna & Western Railroad & Erie Lackawanna Railway Co Utica Division, Louis C. Langone, privately publised (2005)
137: Railroad Ferries of the Hudson, ,
138: Railroad for Lima: An account of New Yorks State's unique Shortline, A., Paul S Worboys, Iron Man Press (1991)
139: Railroad stations of Central New York, Robert W. Coye, Central New York chapter NRHS
140: Railroads in early postcards volume 1 upstate New York, Richard Palmer, Harvey Roehl, The Vestal Press
141: Railroads in the streets of Syracuse, , Central New York chapter NRHS
142: Railroads of New York, G.W. O’Connor, Simmons-Boardman Publishing Co (1949)
143: Railroads of the Adirondacks A History, Michael Kudish, Purple Mountain Press
144: Railroads that serve Buffalo, The., , Buffalo Chapter NRHS reprint (1982) of a 1927 original
145: Rails Along the Battenkill, Nestle,
146: Rails Along the East Brach The Delaware & Northern Railroad, ,
147: Rails Along The Hudson, Crawford & Kramer,
148: Rails along the Oriskany, John Taibi, Purple Mountain Press
149: Rails around Gotham, Paul Carlton, Paul Carlton Books (1981)
150: Rails in the North Woods A History of ten Adirondack Shortlines, ,
151: Rails North - Lehigh Valley Railroad in New York State, , Central New York Chapter NRHS
152: Rails through Cortland: the History of railroading in Cortland County, Richard F. Palmer,
153: Railway Switching Yard at Maybrook New York and its connecting lines, The., Marc Newman, Purple Mountain Press
154: Remembering the New York Ontario & Western Railway, John Taibi, Purple Mountain Press
155: Rip Van Winkle Railroads, William F. Helmer,
156: Rochester & Genesee Valley Rails, Mary Hamilton-Dann, RRP
157: Rochester Lockport and Buffalo RR, William R. Gordon,
158: Rochester, Syracuse and Eastern, The., William R Gordon,
159: Route of the Phoebe Snow a history of the Delaware Lackawanna & Western RR, The., Sheldon S. King, Railroad Avenue Enterprises
160: Rutland Road, The., Jim Saughnessy, Syracuse University Press
161: Sapbush Run: An informal History of the Black River and Utica RR, The, Thomas C. O'Donnell, Black River Books (1948)
162: Saving Union Station (Albany), Finnegan,
163: Shortlines of Central New York Marcellus & Otisco Lake Railroad Skaneateles Shortline Railroad, Richard F. Palmer, Central New York chapter NRHS
164: Snowflaker, The., Bill Kachler,
165: South Buffalo Railway, Stephan M Koenig, South Platte Press
166: Southern Tier Lines, Todd & John Humphrey, Rainy day Books
167: Steam Era of the Lehigh Valley, The., Chuck Yungkurt, Andover Junction Publications (1991)
168: Steel Rails to the Sunrise, Ron Ziel, George Foster, Hawthorn Books (1965)
169: Story of the Rochester & Sodus Bay Railway, The., William R Gordon,
170: Story of the Rome, Watertown and Ogdensburg Railroad, The., Edward Hungerford, Historical Association of South Jefferson (reprint of 1922 original)
171: Syracuse and South Bay Railway To Onedia Lake, William R. Gordon, Joseph G. Platukis, (1986)
172: Syracuse, Binghamton and New York Railroad, The., , Central New York chapter NRHS
173: That Unionville Train A look at the Middletown & Unionville/Middeltown & New Yersey, Carl A. Detwyler, Ontario & Western Railway Historical Society
174: Timetable pictorial of the West Shore, Ed Gardner, Author
175: Timetable pictorial of the West Shore volume 2, Ed Gardner, Author
176: To The Mountains by Rail, Manville B. Wakefield, Wakefair Press (1970) and republished by Purple Mountain Press (1989)
177: Toonervilles of the Empire State, Felix E. Reifscheider,
178: Trackside around Buffalo 1953 – 1976, Reg Button, Devan Lawton, Morning Sun Books
179: Trackside around Sayre-Towanda-Wavery, Jeremy F. Plant, Bill Caloroso, Morning Sun Books
180: Trackside around the Niagara Peninsula 1953 – 1976, Stephan M. Koenig, Morning Sun Books
181: Trackside East of the Hudson 1941 - 1953, Jeremy Plant, Morning Sun Books
182: Trackside in the Albany, N.Y. Gateway 1949 - 1974, Len Killian, Jim Odell, Morning Sun Books
183: Train Wrecks & Disasters A Pictorial & Chronological History as Reported by the Press , William Fries , (1994)
184: Trolley Lines of New York, Felix E. Reifscheider,
185: Trolley trips through the Hudson Valley 1911, , Purple Mountain Press
186: Trolleys to Glen Haven, Charles R Lowe, Purple Mountain Press
187: Twentieth Century Limited, D. Cook,
188: Twenty-Five Years on the ND&C, Bernard L Rudberg, Purple Mountain Press
189: Ulster and Delaware Railroad through the Catskills, The., Gerald M. Best, Golden West Books
190: Union Station, Albany, Gerber,
191: Union Station, Utica, , Landmarks Society of Utica
192: Upstate Odyssey The Lehigh Valley in Western New York, Mary Hamilton-Dann, RRP
193: Water Level Route, The., Charles M. Knoll, Rochester chapter NRHS (1976)
194: Wellsville Addison, and Galeton Railroad , Edward Lewis, Short Tracks Development Corp. (1971)
195: Westchester's Forgotten Railway: An Account of the New York, Westchester, and Boston Railway company, Roger Arcara, I&T Publishing
196: Western New York and Pennsylvania Railway its predecessors and sucessors, Paul Pietrak,
197: Western New York and Pennsylvania Traction , Benson Rohrbeck,
198: When Rochester Rode By Rail, , the Rochester Chapter NRHS
199: When the Railroads Went to the Beach, John Taibi, A. Bruce Tracy, Depot Square Publishing (1999)
200: When the Westchester was new, Roger Arcara,
201: Where did the tracks go in the Central Adirondacks? (Mountain RR in the NY State volume 2), Michael Kudish, Purple Mountain Press
202: Where did the tracks go in the Western Adirondacks? (Mountain RR in the NY State volume 1), Michael Kudish, Purple Mountain Press
203: Where Did The Tracks Go?, Michael Kudish, Purple Mountain Press (1985)
204: Williamsport and Elmira RR, The., Thomas Tabor, (1986)

Right now I have 108 out of 204.

Gijs