• Railroad Locomotives - a new blog

• General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment
General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment

Moderator: John_Perkowski

by Typewriters

We've decided that we'd like to start getting some of our vast collection of locomotive ephemera and manufacturer information "out there," and since it looks like we will probably never get around to writing that book, we've put up a blog.

Check it out:

http://railroadlocomotives.blogspot.com/

The entry made today on BLW diesel locomotives shows at least one thing I'm certain hasn't been seen before. If anybody has seen it I'd be surprised, since I've never heard of it anywhere else. There are other strings we've started on the Westinghouse gas turbine program, and on the actual delineation of GE FDL diesel model numbers that are "in progress" and of course there's tons more to come. Hope you enjoy it.

-Will Davis
  by MEC407

Good stuff! I enjoyed the info about FDL engines. Feel free to post a link in the GE forum as well.
  by Typewriters

Just added to the blog today is a piece showing Westinghouse V-12 diesel engines, one of which was experimental only. Click the link in my signature to see the blog.

-Will Davis
  by Typewriters

Up today; final installment covering the Westinghouse Gas-Turbine-Electric locomotive. Also, since last post, more GE information and pictures.

I'm going to stop posting here about the new updates as they happen since I think pretty much everyone knows that the blog is there and will check back occasionally. However, if I get a flurry of posts or e-mails to the contrary I can certainly post here when I DO update so folks aren't checking in to find nothing new. I would hate to be perceived as spamming the forum here and I'd also hate to have folks miss new information if they're waiting for me to announce it here. So you all and the moderators of this forum can decide!

(Note: If anyone had a site with fresh new data on steam locomotives, I'd allow update posts in the Steam Locomotives forum here. That seems... unlikely.)

-Will Davis