• railfanning situations along transit.

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by njtmnrrbuff

How is the railfanning going along transit? Are the cops more tolerant toward railfans? Last month, I went out to High Bridge and I had my camera. No problems at all. In fact, this was my last mileage along transit.

by chuchubob

I thought things were going pretty well until I got an email that two railfans on Wednesday (Sept 29) were forbidden to photograph the Newark City Subway from NJT property and later were forbidden by Port Authority police from photographing the HBLRT north of Lincoln Harbor (from public property) because the PA Lincoln Tunnel Spiral was in the background.

http://www.subwayspot.com/gallery/album67/04_09_19_73
  by njtmnrrbuff

That is amazing. Like even this summer, when I photographed with the permit while riding the PVL to the end and in Suffern, no one questioned me. In fact, Suffern is a great place to railfan. The station is transit property but MN has its markings there on the station like the canopies and the same MN style shelter that is up in Port. It all depends on who the person is. It is a bummer that we have to live in the "world of paranoia." Thing will get better.

by nick11a

No problems to date, luckily.