• Railfan hit by train on platform

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Train2009

I always stand back of the Yellow line when there is a train coming thru.
  by Uzi-Cat

I always stand back of the Yellow line when there is a train coming thru.
You tell me do things.....
  by OportRailfan

.... My God Did That Smell Good.... I dunn runnin stuff
  by sixty-six

OportRailfan wrote:.... My God Did That Smell Good.... I dunn runnin stuff
Yea I do...
  by Uzi-Cat

:-D
  by styckx

I know the video is fake, but I'm surprised people don't get clipped by trains more often or fall on the tracks. Every time I railfan I see countless times where some parent lets their little kids loose and the FIRST thing they always do is run right up to the very edge of the yellow line at the edge of the platform and bend over to look at the rails. Everytime I see this I'm prepared to go sprinting down the platform to yank their kids up.

I also see more and more dummies walking to the very edge to look down the tracks to see if a train is coming. I swear people don't realize just how quiet a train doing 50+mph can be and sneak up on you from behind with barely any notice.
  by Matt Johnson

styckx wrote:I also see more and more dummies walking to the very edge to look down the tracks to see if a train is coming. I swear people don't realize just how quiet a train doing 50+mph can be and sneak up on you from behind with barely any notice.
I always get nervous when I see little kids running around on the platform, or someone riding a bike along the high level platform.
  by OportRailfan

hey you kids, what are you doing on my front lawn... and don't F%#$ing look at me when I'm talking to you
  by Uzi-Cat

Give him the stick.... NOOOO... Don't give him the stick..
  by cobra30689

Matt Johnson wrote:
styckx wrote:I also see more and more dummies walking to the very edge to look down the tracks to see if a train is coming. I swear people don't realize just how quiet a train doing 50+mph can be and sneak up on you from behind with barely any notice.
I always get nervous when I see little kids running around on the platform, or someone riding a bike along the high level platform.
The other morning while I was waiting at Bay Head a Chinese woman and her 4 small kids were sitting on the edge of the platform with their legs dangling over the rail, and the kids were running all over the gravel. All of you who know the place know that the chances of something happening are slim....BUT...I was looking at my watch as it was coming dangerously close to the time that 2302 was supposed to come out of the yard...I know the engineer and I know he would have stopped...but there is always that "what if?" If not the parents, someone should put the fear of God in these kids...whole scene disturbed me.
  by Idiot Railfan

cobra30689 wrote:The other morning while I was waiting at Bay Head a Chinese woman and her 4 small kids were sitting on the edge of the platform with their legs dangling over the rail.
What was the relevance of her race?

Morons come in every race, color and creed.
  by njtmnrrbuff

Stand back behind the yellow line at ALL Times, when a train is approaching. I believe at Westfield, trains do 79.
  by Sirsonic

njt/mnrrbuff wrote:I believe at Westfield, trains do 79.
Close, max speed is 80.