• Rail work on Worcester/Framingham line?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by bierhere

This morning in the Framingham yard, I saw about 12 freight cars full of new rail? Is CSX planning to do any rail work on the Worcester/Framingham line?

by CSX Conductor

They already did some heavy work on the main, especially around Framingham's CP-21 to CP-23.

The cars of rail you saw were probaly the first cars of rail for the Greenbush Line, which supposedly departed Framingham Wednesday night on B725 en-route to Attleboro, where they would continue on B726 to Middleboro.

by ST214

When are they going to start laying the Greenbush line???
  by CSX Conductor

I honestly haven't heard anything yet. :(
  by GP40MC1118

That rail was taken onto Fore River Shipyard property according to a friend of mine this week chasing FRT local. Maybe they are storing it
until the Spring. Amazing the TTX flats made it through all those FRT curves!

Haven seen preliminary dispatcher displays for the Greenbush Line.
Some interlocking names I can remember off hand are Adams Jct (the
connection at the wye at GREEN) and Herring.

Dave
  by 130MM

GP40MC1118 wrote:That rail was taken onto Fore River Shipyard property according to a friend of mine this week chasing FRT local. Maybe they are storing it
until the Spring. Amazing the TTX flats made it through all those FRT curves!

Haven seen preliminary dispatcher displays for the Greenbush Line.
Some interlocking names I can remember off hand are Adams Jct (the
connection at the wye at GREEN) and Herring.

Dave
The rail is to be trucked to the mobile rail welding plants when they are set up along the right of way.

The interlockings are to be as follows: The existing "Green" interlocking will be expanded to include the switch at the east point of Braintree wye and renamed "Adams Jct."; "Shipyard" will be at the point where the FRT connects; "Allen" will be where the double track will end near Allen St. (get it?), "Herring" and "Fort" will be the north and south ends of the passing siding between East Weymouth and West Hingham, "Black Rock" and "Circus" will be the north and south ends of the passing siding in Cohasset (between King St. and Sohier Rd. crossings), "Parish" is the north end of siding at Greenbush, near First Parish Rd.; "Davis" is the south end of the siding which also allows access to the layover at Greenbush.

DAW

by CSX Conductor

How about using "Circus" to re-name "Broad' "South Bay" or "LOOP". LOL :wink: