• Rail Tamping on the Bay Ridge Last Week

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by BMT

I was on the N train last Thursday and noticed a high-rail vehicle in the vicinity of 8th Avenue on the storage track.

As my train progressed to the next stop -- Fort Hamilton Parkway -- I noticed a rail tamper in action, so I jumped off the train and -- with camera in hand -- got some digi shots and short vidi clips of the unit in action. Hopefully, I'll be able to post the shots here at some point.

by DogBert

is that using the big loram machine? It comes over hell gate every evening so far this last week or two...