• Rail History Symposium

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by dreese_us

The Southampton Railroad Station Society is pleased to sponsor a symposium dealing with railroads and their impact on our region. The topics that are being presented by several noted authorities should prove to be informative for the general public as well as the railfan. All proceeds from this event will go toward the continuing preservation and restoration of the historic Southampton railroad station.

The show will be held at the North and Southampton Reformed Church, located at 1380 Bristol Road, Churchville, PA 18966.

Doors open at 8:00AM for coffee and doughnuts. Presenters will begin at 9:00AM.

Lunch is included.

Admission: $35 per person.

For more information and tickets, please visit http://www.srrss.org/events.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by pumpers

I looked at the link. It is Saturday March 14.
Hope you don't mind my listing the program here, from http://www.srrss.org/docs/2015symposium.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1. DALE W. WOODLAND TITLE: Pursuing the Reading: One Man’s Obsession. The story of Dale Woodland’s fascination with the Reading Railroad from 1946 to 2014.
2. GARY PANCAVAGE TITLE: Oil Trains on the Trenton Line.
A comprehensive and informative view of the transportation of Bakken Crude Oil as it travels from North Dakota to Philadelphia through Bucks County, PA.
3. LARRY EASTWOOD TITLE: Philadelphia, Newtown, but never New York. History of the Newtown Branch.
4. JAMES ROSE TITLE: The Railroad Architects. A comparison of the railroad work of Frank Furness, T.P. Chandler and Horace Trumbauer.
5. NORMAN J. BARRETT TITLE: Pushing West. The historic rail routes of Donner Pass and the Feather River Canyon.
6. JOSEPH M. FUSCO TITLE: Steam on Today’s Reading Lines. A video presentation of steam locomotive operations on former Reading Company rails.
JS
  by dreese_us

pumpers wrote:I looked at the link. It is Saturday March 14.
Hope you don't mind my listing the program here, from http://www.srrss.org/docs/2015symposium.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1. DALE W. WOODLAND TITLE: Pursuing the Reading: One Man’s Obsession. The story of Dale Woodland’s fascination with the Reading Railroad from 1946 to 2014.
2. GARY PANCAVAGE TITLE: Oil Trains on the Trenton Line.
A comprehensive and informative view of the transportation of Bakken Crude Oil as it travels from North Dakota to Philadelphia through Bucks County, PA.
3. LARRY EASTWOOD TITLE: Philadelphia, Newtown, but never New York. History of the Newtown Branch.
4. JAMES ROSE TITLE: The Railroad Architects. A comparison of the railroad work of Frank Furness, T.P. Chandler and Horace Trumbauer.
5. NORMAN J. BARRETT TITLE: Pushing West. The historic rail routes of Donner Pass and the Feather River Canyon.
6. JOSEPH M. FUSCO TITLE: Steam on Today’s Reading Lines. A video presentation of steam locomotive operations on former Reading Company rails.
JS
Thanks, didn't realize I left out the date