• "Patriot Corridor"

• Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,
Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,

Moderator: MEC407

by roberttosh

CN9634 wrote:Ok so what do you want? Ego points? .
Nope, just calling out the people who called me an idiot and other insults.

by roberttosh

GRSGuy wrote:
roberttosh wrote: Are you for real!!! So now I'm the "boy who cried wolf"??? I guess it's A-ok for people to ridicule me but then when it turns out I was right along, I'm not allowed to call them out on it??
And show us all where you were ridiculed.
Uhm, can you read?? Try going back 2 posts from that beauty you just submitted.

by GRSGuy

roberttosh wrote: Maybe you should speak for yourself?? I would gather that there are more than a few folks that read this board who would be happy to get rock solid inside info even if I wasn't going to give names.
He did "speak for himself" hence the 'but thats just me' remark. Certainly, many do appreciate the information, but I think we're arguing about something, and we're not on the same page. How many times, over how many years, has the story surfaced that GRS was getting bought out? And how many times was that false? Why does it startle you that so many people were skeptical of your claims?

by roberttosh

It's an absolue fact that the NS tried to buy Pan Am a few years ago but didn't offer enough $$. Those discussions never even came close to how far along this deal was even going back a year ago. I have no problem with people being skeptical, but the line was crossed when people started throwing out personal insults.

by ANDY117

I wonder who will get the trains out of Binghamton now, since the D&H guys run them. Maybe NS will put their crews on these, if and when they show up.

by GRSGuy

OK, well, it's unfortunate that you feel as though you were personally attacked. I hope that it was more out of the poster's frustration with the same story over and over than with you personally. How many times has this come up over the years? A couple times a year since '84? Probably close. At any rate, can we now let this go and get back on topic? Since you seem (I don't mean to come across as a jerk) to know something about the internal operations of the company and the deal, what are your thoughts on the new operations?

by MEC407

roberttosh wrote:I have no problem with people being skeptical, but the line was crossed when people started throwing out personal insults.
I agree with that, and I apologize for not catching some of them. The policy of this forum states that abusive messages are not permitted and will be removed. I try to keep an eye on every thread, but occasionally I do miss a a message or two.

by roberttosh

GRSGuy wrote:OK, well, it's unfortunate that you feel as though you were personally attacked. I hope that it was more out of the poster's frustration with the same story over and over than with you personally. How many times has this come up over the years? A couple times a year since '84? Probably close. At any rate, can we now let this go and get back on topic? Since you seem (I don't mean to come across as a jerk) to know something about the internal operations of the company and the deal, what are your thoughts on the new operations?
Thank you for that post. Well I'm off to bed now but will chime in soon.

by gprimr1

If Norfolk Southern sufficiently double tracks and upgrades district 4, I wonder if there's any possibility of weekend MBTA trains running to Berkshire East, it's within walking distance of the tracks.