• "Buffalo, Thousand Islands & Portland" -LV sub

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

by salminkarkku

Ive found this listed in government stats as a common-carrier railroad operating only in the year 1908-9. Impressive title. What I've found out is

It had 50 yards (shortest short line ever?!) somewhere in Buffalo.

It was jointly owned by the LV and the "Rome, Watertown & Ogdensburg".

Its chartered route between Niagara Falls and Tonawanda was taken over by the "International" for its fast interurban electric line.

Was this meant to be the LV's way of getting to Suspension Bridge without needing trackage on some other company's line? Has anyone come across any more info?

by scottychaos

Interesting!
I haver never heard of this line before..
I love the name! :P very ambitious!
If they were planning to head to the Thousand Islands from Buffalo, I can only assume that "Portland" means Portland, Maine! :P
reminds me of the hundreds of small railroads that had "Pacific" in their name in the 1800's, and never even went west of the mississippi!

Scot