Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Jondude11

Andy I take it you're working on model railroads? Very nice... Too bad up here in BINGHAMTON we can't experience much of the real thing... uch... I feel for you, I definitly do...

by ANDY117

Jondude, where are you? here or westchester? i tol dyou, we watch hicks get drunk, play with fireworks, and blow their arms off.

by ANDY117

Im thinking Conrail Blue and Silver for the 35's. now i just need a locomotive, and ill be set!

by ANDY117

I went through the walthers Catalog last night. And no one makes the right horns, so im just going with the Details West 3-chime horns. Im getting the Cannon 35 series Cab, and 48" Fans. Now is the bell frame mounted, or fuel tank mounted?

by ANDY117

I got all the parts decided. Now for the waiting for the Athearn shell!

by DutchRailnut

The Athern shell is not even close, only protopower and kato shells are correct for GP35

by ANDY117

The new one that was just released?

by ANDY117

Are the horns Leslie S3L's? And are the fans standard 48" with the pan top, or are they similar to those on GP38's?

by DutchRailnut

Andy I gave you picture a few weeks back study them
The fans are modified and sit deeper in the frame. also no center fan.

by ANDY117

Yea, just after posting, i found them again! When we re made our computer, they got shuffled to the deepest bowels of the computer!
  by MTASUPT

Dutch,

The reason for the movement of the horns was not the wire, but in GCT. When they were first brought in they were being tested on different routes and the horns were a "sore point"

by ANDY117

They just moved them on NYSW/PW B40-8 4002, right behind the cab.

by ANDY117

Yesterday i saw 104 in Stamford, and 106 in Harmon shops pushing around some Bomb coaches.

by ANDY117

Doing some reseearch, this Is the Railpower shell, on an updated chassis. Athearn scrapped the old shell.

by bingdude

glennk419 wrote:Just curious, 101 and 105 are obviously ex-Reading locos. Do they still have their rain gutters?
I saw 105 this weekend. Yes it does.