• Question about caboose in Camden, NJ

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by Kurt

I went to visit the Battleship New Jersey on May 28, 2010 and I as I was walking from the parking lot to the ship I found this caboose. It is in the kids portion of the Adventure Aquarium in Camden, NJ (2 Riverside Drive, Camden, NJ 08103.) It is right just inside the fence, near the sidewalk, inside their train ride. My question is, was this really a New Haven Caboose, or just a recreation of a paint job.
  by R36 Combine Coach

If it is a replica, pretty d*n accurate.
  by H.F.Malone

It's a real NH NE-5 class caboose, with the post-1969 Penn Central/Conrail modifications to ladders, steps, etc. And the shape of the lettering is not quite correct, nor is the overall paint scheme. But, at least it says "New Haven" and carries what I'd guess is its original number, deep in PRR territory (gasp!!!!).