• Q167- a new train?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by lakeshoredave

i heard a Q167 last night on the erie west subdivision. is this a new train?
  by charlie6017

Must be--have'nt seen that symbol in quite awhile...

Charlie
  by ckwwestshore

Indeed, it started this week as a new symbol. Runs T/TH/F
  by CSX Conductor

Q167 used to be a strictly UPS train on the B&A. It would run lite engine from Boston to Worcester, where it would pick-up it's train. The train from Worcester was sometimes only about ten trailers, and during peak season maybe about 2000 feet, if that. If I remember correctly, Q167 would be cut-into Q157 in Syracuse. However, it's been a few years since I was on the B&A, so my memory of the train numbers & what they have, & where they go is not very clear.
  by roberttosh

Where does it run to and from now? Is it still a B&A Train?
  by charlie6017

Courtesy of another board........

This new train is Kearny NJ-Chicago and carries UP UMAX Container traffic---as Charlie stated, it's 3 days/week.

Charlie
  by Puter-Geek

Q167 use to be a UPS hotshot from Worcester to Syracuse. In Syracuse, the train would either 1) Back it's cars onto the rear of Q109 while Q109 was setting off and picking up in the yard or 2) Drop their cars on a yard lead because Q109 was a bit tardy. The power would stay as Q167 and later on, it would become a huge stack train out of Syracuse. The stack part had a few derailments a few years ago. On January 16, 2007, it derailed in Rochester, NY. http://rides.webshots.com/album/557075563cpprVo. Not too far before or after that one, it derailed on the Short Line Sub out in Ohio somewhere.